Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya xGen hair goes trough mesh

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
dodoo86
548 Views, 3 Replies

Maya xGen hair goes trough mesh

Hi 

I am quite new to xGen ... i recently started to convert mesh hairs to curves and use the curves to generate guides for xGen. It worked well, but recently it started to grow hair on both side of the mesh. I tried to search for the error and i find a forum where they mentioned that if i create a  region map it shoul;d solve the problem. But unfortunately it did not... maybe i am doing something wrong, but in the forum they said that i should paint one side of the mesh with red and the other with blue... but if i am painting one side it affect the other side as well. Inst there an option to set collision for the mesh so the hair wont go trough ?  Does anybody have any suggestion or maybe solution for this problem? 
Heres some screenshot about my problem. MxGen.pngMxGen2.pngMxGen3.png

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dodoo86
in reply to: dodoo86

Is this forum competly dead ? Ever since Autodesk messed up the student licence i aint got any answers for my questions. Not just for this but any of them... Is it because everybody uses blender now, or just because theres really no solution for my problems??

Message 3 of 4
georgina_linuesa

Same, every time I search on the internet I rarely find any posts and when I find them, it's just a question that NOBODY responds too. I've been in your same situation with the hair being generated on both sides and I gotta send this... XGen Maya has so many bugs and random problems that it is impossible to work. But I don't think blender is really able to support bug heavy projects rn.

Message 4 of 4
georgina_linuesa

If you ever find something please share though

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report