Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Maya project structure] I would like to know indepth of Maya's Project Structure (Which data i should store in each Folder )

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Connor_Dang
280 Views, 3 Replies

[Maya project structure] I would like to know indepth of Maya's Project Structure (Which data i should store in each Folder )

Hi guys,

I would like to know indepth of Maya's Project Structure (Which data i should store in each Folder )

Connor_Dang_0-1619593739737.png

Thanks for advanced

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mspeer
in reply to: Connor_Dang

Hi!

You can store your data wherever you want, you can even create new folders and subfolders, but I recommend to keep everything inside your project folder.

There is also nothing you need to know in advance. If you use a menu in Maya to save or open any data, then the corresponding folder will be chosen, so you will learn what folders will be used as soon as you use a certain feature.

For example, by default

a) Maya scene-files will be saved in "scenes"

b) texture files will be loaded from "sourceimages"

c) your renderered images will be saved inside the "images" folder.

Message 3 of 4
Connor_Dang
in reply to: mspeer

Thanks @mspeer 

That are what i'm looking for as you said

@mspeer wrote:

Hi!

You can store your data wherever you want, you can even create new folders and subfolders, but I recommend to keep everything inside your project folder.

There is also nothing you need to know in advance. If you use a menu in Maya to save or open any data, then the corresponding folder will be chosen, so you will learn what folders will be used as soon as you use a certain feature.

For example, by default

a) Maya scene-files will be saved in "scenes"

b) texture files will be loaded from "sourceimages"

c) your renderered images will be saved inside the "images" folder.

When i save a scene it will automaticly save into "scenes"

Textures should be saved into "sourceimages" and so on with render image when be save into "images"

"Xgen" will be generated after using it inside the scene

how about others folders? (i would like to note down the usage of each folders)

Thanks for your help

Message 4 of 4
mspeer
in reply to: Connor_Dang

Hi!

Sorry, I will not provide a complete documentation here.

As explained previously "you will learn what folders will be used as soon as you use a certain feature", you don't need to know where Maya saves certain data (by default), if don't use it.

Also again, these are only default settings, you can save your data wherever you want, there is no fixed structure.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report