Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya Mac 2025

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
kielmaya
659 Views, 8 Replies

Maya Mac 2025

Maya Mac 2025 target weld and append to poly don't work.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
syracoj
in reply to: kielmaya

Is it due to the size of your mouse pointer? Go to OSX System Settings > Accessibility > Display and change the mouse size to a smaller size (normal size or 1 tick past normal).

Message 3 of 9
kielmaya

Thanks for the idea.  This is not it.

The cursor for the tools is incorrect. 

Message 4 of 9
syracoj

The cursor to the tool may have been changed. But the append to poly and target weld are working on my side.

Message 5 of 9
kielmaya
in reply to: syracoj

did the cursor changed on your test? the 2025 cursor hot spot is not under the cursor and if it was it would not let the user see the vertex that needs to be selected.
Message 6 of 9
syracoj

yes, in my testing I do see a difference in cursors between 2024 and 2025. In 2025 though when I use the target weld I click on the vert then drag to another vert and it successfully performs the target weld. Can you please provide a video of your issue occurring.

Message 7 of 9
kielmaya

the screen recording also records the cursor offset from the location of the click. 

Message 8 of 9
syracoj

Thanks for the video!
The append issue is logged as MAYA-132962. In the meantime you'll have to use Quad Draw w/ shift key to repair holes (you'll need to run Mesh Display > Soften/Harden Edges afterwards though).
The cursor issue with the target weld I can reproduce but only when I increase the cursor size. When the cursor size is set to normal (in the OSX Accessibility > Display settings) I do not experience the issue. I will log a ticket regardless to catalogue the issue.
ICanReproWhenMouseSettingsAreLikeThis.png

Message 9 of 9
kielmaya

Thanks. Changing the cursor size just makes the problem less visible.

But with the "append to poly tool" (selecting poly edges) is quite frustrating.

I hope someone puts back the old cursor. Thanks for the log MAYA-132962

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report