Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya keeps rescaling my geometries when they were not when saved!!!!!!

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
334 Views, 3 Replies

Maya keeps rescaling my geometries when they were not when saved!!!!!!

Hi everyone,

Please don't tell me I am the only one experiencing all these freaking problems!

Maya been scaling my goddam geometries and its goddam frustrating because the geometries weren't scaled when I saved them. Like you place all the geometries at the right places and the next time you open this scene file, some of the geometries would be like 10 times bigger and in random places. Like I would never know when Maya would mess them up each time I save... and it had happened to me a few times already. And the only solution to prevent that that I can think of is every time I save, I close Maya and reopen the scenes to see if Maya has saved correctly and damm boy that would be super dam frustrating!

I have already reset my preferences and all that, and it happens on both of my computers so cant be an installation issue.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
sean.heasley
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

I've only seen an issue like this when changing across Maya versions and or versions with different grid settings etc.

If you create a new scene with a simple cube and save it does the size change?

Also, is it possible you could capture a video of this issue happening so I can get a better idea of what might be causing it?

If you need a video capturing program, Screencast is a great option that we use here at Autodesk

Let me know if anything changes!

Message 3 of 4
sean.heasley
in reply to: sean.heasley

Hi @Anonymous

I'm just checking in again to see if you need more help with this. Did the suggestion I provided yesterday work for you?

If so, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: sean.heasley

Hello Sean,

I appreciate your help very much.

I decided to redo my whole scene new and fresh, because I cannot afford to have it happened again in the future whenever Maya decides to.

And everything was done in Maya 2018 and the answer is no, the size does not change when I create a new scene, It just happened once in awhile, and its hard to know what I did to cause that because the geometries won't appear to be scaled until I reopen the scene. And basically the geometries just scale up at least 10x bigger than the original and are placed in different places.

I will let you know when that happens again but hopefully not in this new scene.

Thanks again!

Cheers.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report