Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya file corrupted

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
3823 Views, 9 Replies

Maya file corrupted

I opened my 2018 maya file in maya 2019, at first everything was working ok, but after I save my file and later on reopen it, 80% of my scene is disappeared, all shader is gone ( like completely deleted somehow).

Then, I open my backup file, everything is ok at the first open, but after I save and reopen the file, again meshes disappeared, shaders also are gone.

Most of the mesh that missing were either used for Ornatrix hair, or got mirror from other meshes.

Also all my shader are gone, including the shader I use for my character. ( was using Arnold shader)

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

These appear on my Script Editor

// Warning: line 0: swatches file depend node not found, icon discarded: feather4:defaultMat1 //
// Warning: line 0: swatches file depend node not found, icon discarded: p1:defaultMat1 //
// Warning: line 0: swatches file depend node not found, icon discarded: Chest //
// Warning: line 0: swatches file depend node not found, icon discarded: sclara //
// Warning: line 0: swatches file depend node not found, icon discarded: Bodylow2 //
// Warning: line 0: swatches file depend node not found, icon discarded: pupil //
// Warning: line 0: swatches file depend node not found, icon discarded: aiMixShader4 //
// Warning: line 0: swatches file depend node not found, icon discarded: SclelaSSS //
// Warning: line 0: swatches file depend node not found, icon discarded: p4:defaultMat1 //
// Warning: line 0: swatches file depend node not found, icon discarded: aiStandardHair2 //
// Warning: line 0: swatches file depend node not found, icon discarded: p6:defaultMat1 //
// Warning: line 0: swatches file depend node not found, icon discarded: p1braid1:defaultMat1 //
// Warning: line 0: swatches file depend node not found, icon discarded: aiStandardSurface4 //
// Warning: line 0: swatches file depend node not found, icon discarded: IrisSSS //
// Warning: line 0: swatches file depend node not found, icon discarded: Iris //
// Warning: line 0: swatches file depend node not found, icon discarded: P5:defaultMat1 //
// Warning: line 0: swatches file depend node not found, icon discarded: hairPhysicalShader2 //
// Warning: line 0: swatches file depend node not found, icon discarded: cornea //
// Warning: line 0: swatches file depend node not found, icon discarded: p3braid1:defaultMat1 //
// Warning: line 0: swatches file depend node not found, icon discarded: ShoulderGroup1:Shouldergroup2 //
// Warning: line 0: swatches file depend node not found, icon discarded: aiStandardHair1 //
// Warning: line 0: swatches file depend node not found, icon discarded: LeatherGroup_low:initialShadingGroup1 //
// Warning: line 0: swatches file depend node not found, icon discarded: p3:defaultMat1 //
// Warning: line 0: swatches file depend node not found, icon discarded: aiStandardSurface1 //
// Warning: line 0: swatches file depend node not found, icon discarded: aiStandardSurface5 //
// Warning: line 0: swatches file depend node not found, icon discarded: p7:defaultMat1 //
// Warning: line 0: swatches file depend node not found, icon discarded: p2braid:defaultMat1 //
// Warning: line 0: swatches file depend node not found, icon discarded: hairPhysicalShader1 //
// Warning: line 0: swatches file depend node not found, icon discarded: aiStandardHair3 //
// Warning: line 0: The mesh |ShoulderGroup1:polySurface12|ShoulderGroup1:polySurface8Shape contains invalid or unused components. These can be cleaned up using the Mesh Cleanup dialog. //
// Warning: line 0: Errors have occurred while reading this scene that may result in data loss.

Please check the Script Editor for details. //
// File read in 1.7 seconds.

Thank you.

Message 3 of 10
jordan.giboney

Hi @Anonymous 

Thank you for posting! would you be able to share your file with the thread? I would love to do more troubleshooting on my machine. Alternatively, you can send it in a private message.

Also, this thread suggests that opening the hypershade will rebuild icons and remove the errors that you mentioned above: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/maya-shading-lighting-and/warning-swatches-file-depend-node-not-found-icon-discarded/td-p/4034209

Thanks again for being a part of our community!

Jordan Giboney
Technical Solutions Engineer | Media & Entertainment
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: jordan.giboney

I tried the Hypershade, but it does not work. Also my maya file is still at 85mb.

From this post (https://polycount.com/discussion/199387/maya-file-everything-is-green-missing-objects), the person suggest to open maya file in text editor, and replace some text ending as -nan(ing) with 0.0, but I could not find it. 

Message 5 of 10
BurkhardRammner

Modifying your .ma file might be your only chance.

You would have to have some experience for how a typical .ma file looks like, how Maya data are stored.

Seek for 'strange' data/delete parts of the .ma file and try to load the rest.

The 'nan' thing happens from time to time. If its not the reason for your problems, try to get into the .ma file structure

and continue searching.

Message 6 of 10
mspeer

Hi!

@Anonymous 

Please upload the scene-file.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: mspeer

Hello Mspeer, I sent you maya scene file ( private message )

Can you take a look, please!!

Thank you very much.

Message 8 of 10
mspeer

Hi!

I don't have Ornatrix here, so i can't fully check your scene.

If the only problem is saving an Maya 2018-Ornatrix scene in Maya 2019, i recommend to update Maya 2019 at least to Maya 2019.1 and also install the latest version of Ornatrix.

You can also try to save the scene as .mb instead of .ma.

If this does not help i recommend to continue working in Maya 2018 for now.

Please also contact the developers of Ornatrix about the problem.

Message 9 of 10
jordan.giboney

Hi @Anonymous 

I hope you are doing well! Based on @mspeer 's comment, did you have a chance to try saving the scene without any Ornatrix parts? Did that resolve the issue?

Thanks again for being a part of our community!

Jordan Giboney
Technical Solutions Engineer | Media & Entertainment
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: mspeer

Thank for your advises and solutions.

Sorry I did not tell you this, but even my old file is broken. So I tried to open the save before the broken one, it did work at the first open, but after I saved it and reopen, it broke. (happen after I upgraded Arnold and Ornatrix but I think it is Arnold that broke the scene)

Luckily, your solutions, save as .mb did work on my old save (save me tons of time 😌cause I was thinking of redo everything). Also, my scene can no longer save as .ma somehow. (I should have follow the rule "Do not upgrade ur software for a WIP project" 😅)

Thank you very much @mspeer  and @jordan.giboney , @BurkhardRammner .😀

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report