Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya closes by itself when I open Arnold's render view.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
santos_national
132 Views, 7 Replies

Maya closes by itself when I open Arnold's render view.

Maya closes by itself when I open Arnold's render view. I'm using Maya 2024.2 and when I open the render view the entire program closes, what do I do?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Similar stuff was happening to me repeatedly; render view locking up, crashing, etc. I updated to the latest Arnold, but that only worked for a while. I had to go back to 2023 to get the problem to stop. What is your operating system?

Message 3 of 8

Windows 64 bits
Message 4 of 8
sefe
in reply to: santos_national

Delete Maya preferences and relaunch Maya. If it doesn't solve the problem, then update the drivers of your graphic card. 

Message 5 of 8

What preferences?I´m using the CPU, not having GPU

Message 6 of 8
damaggio

Reset Maya preferences and update to the latest Arnold version.

You already have support from Autodesk in your previous post, you should reply there.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/maya-shading-lighting-and/arnold-s-screen-is-all-white/m-p/12438351#M...

Message 7 of 8

I was asking about your OS because I am on a Mac and I think my issue is with 2024 and OS 14.x.x. That may or not be the case with me, but the problem did go away when I switched back to 2023. Just sayin. 

As for the preferences, resetting preferences is a fairly standard procedure and seems to be the go-to when all else fails. It involves renaming your existing prefs file and re launching Maya, it will look for a file named prefs and when it doesn't find one it makes a new one. That's what Damaggio was talking about. It's kind of a pain in the butt, but it often works.  

Message 8 of 8
sefe

Go to my Documents/Maya/Prefs and delete the prefs folder. 

Relaunch Maya with a new workspace. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report