Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya Camera Controls inverted?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
lm3263
2531 Views, 2 Replies

Maya Camera Controls inverted?

Hi, everyone,

I was editing a homework assignment when I noticed that my camera controls were suddenly inverted from the normal (I.e. to move the camera left and right, instead of having it be like 'flight controls', I have to move my mouse in the direction I want to go instead of the opposite.) The camera's rotation also feels off, but I don't really know how to describe it. Anyone know how to reset it back to normal? 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jordan.giboney
in reply to: lm3263

Hi @lm3263

Thanks for posting! Have you tried Resetting your Preferences? This is a great place to start when Maya starts misbehaving. 

Also, the tools themselves may need to be reset. If you double click on the move tool, for example, a tool settings window will pop up with a Reset Button that should return the settings back to default.

ResetTool.jpg

Let me know if either of those resolve the issue 🙂 If not, I would be happy to keep working with you until we figure it out!

Jordan Giboney
Technical Solutions Engineer | Media & Entertainment
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

Message 3 of 3

Hi, I've been experiencing this same issue I believe.

Whenever I use the walk tool and I look right the camera will turn left.

I haven't found a way to invert camera in the documentation, I tried hitting every keys while using walking, maybe there was a hidden hotkey. I tried resetting my preferences and the tool's preferences. Yet the look is inverted... Help?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report