Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2024 will not open on Mac (OS: Ventura 13.4.1)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kameron.cole
229 Views, 3 Replies

Maya 2024 will not open on Mac (OS: Ventura 13.4.1)

Recently, Maya 2024 has not been opening on my Macbook pro running Ventura 13.4.1. It will bounce in the dock but will not open, and when I try to run from Terminal I get a licensing issue that says I need to contact Autodesk customer support. They directed me to a recent post about this issue, which had me test a few different options like downloading the Licensing Service, but that did not work either. After multiple clean removals and installs, reset preferences, redownloading licensing tool, re-assigning users, updates, nothing has worked. Every time I delete the application fully and install it again, it works for the first session. If I close my MacBook and then have to log back in, it will not open, and that is when I get the licensing issue showing up from terminal. Looking for anyone with this problem and any possible solutions. Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
conkerz
in reply to: kameron.cole

Having the same issue. I was able to start Maya by starting the AdskLicensingAgent and AdskLicensingService which only started when I started the Licensing Support Tool as per their instructions. I did not actually press any options inside the tool, just starting it was enough.

I hope this will persist across shut down. I don't want to keep starting the licensing service every time to use maya.

Message 3 of 4
conkerz
in reply to: conkerz

It doesn't persist across shutdown. How do I start the license agent and service automatically?

Message 4 of 4
d.lidster
in reply to: conkerz

Literally every time I want to use Maya after shutdown (everyday) I have to completely re-install the service agent. Not sure how come this hasn't been fixed. So many crashes too.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums