Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2024 quad draw tool isn't center vert snapping.

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
baez_isaac
1190 Views, 13 Replies

Maya 2024 quad draw tool isn't center vert snapping.

Hello,

I've been trying to get Maya 2024 quad draw tool to snap verts together when symmetry is on. What I have noticed is that when I make my mesh a live object and try to use the quad draw tool with symmetry it does not want to snap the center verts together. In Maya 2023 it does that just fine when placing two vert next to each other near the center. The verts turn Yellow and are snapped together, the same thing can not be said about Maya 2024. I know that Autodesk has made changes to the Make live mesh feature and may have put this in a menu somewhere but I can't find where that may be. I have the same settings for the quad draw tool in Maya 2023 as in Maya 2024, even resetting the tool and still can't get center vert snapping working. If there is a menu, toggle, or button that anyone knows of help would be much appreciated. I have provided a video showing what I have been experiencing with that Maya 2023 center vert snapping with the quad draw tool is working and 2024 isn't. 

Thanks,

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Tried it and it does work in 2024 same as in 2023. It does snap and weld in the center.

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://linktr.ee/cg_oglu
Message 3 of 14

Hello Christoph,

Out of curiosity what are your settings for that tool? Is it just the default? Are you using one or more than one meshe when using live mesh? This maybe a local problem. Might have to do an fresh install again. 

Message 4 of 14

Yes default. Delete your prefs first. That does reset maya. 

I use only one polyshell as live mesh.

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://linktr.ee/cg_oglu
Message 5 of 14

Hello Christoph,

I've tried what you have suggested and have also done a fresh install on both my PC and Laptop and still the issue precedes. The verts don't turn yellow and snap together in center once place, I have to manually snap them. I have uploaded a video showing my process and are using the default settings in Maya. 

Message 6 of 14

Face this problem 2 hour ago and reached here now to see the amazing answers by community thanks, Do these guys have any WhatsApp, Community?

Message 7 of 14
baez_isaac
in reply to: baez_isaac

Hello, 

I have been contacted by (Alec A.) from Autodesk and talked to him over the phone and he said that he can reproduce the issue. Here is what he had told me. 

"Thank you for the pleasant call today! When we spoke I explained that as this issue is reproducible on factory default machines, that it will be logged with the development team and coded in our JIRA database. I'll be providing you a JIRA ticket number that you can use to either check in with us at a later date or check against a future release of Maya."

So this is an issue that the Dev team will be fixing in their next hotfix. Here is their reply,

"Good news! Your request has been reviewed and assigned an official code in our development database. That means our development team will be working on this for a future release!"

If anyone else is experiencing the same issue as me please wait as the next HOTFIX arrives.

Thanks.

Message 8 of 14
siebejanssen

My vertices still aren't snapping at center in Maya 2024.1

Message 9 of 14
baez_isaac

Hello Siebejanssen,

Yeah it's still happening to me as well even with the 2024.1 update. Not sure if the dev team will be releasing another hotfix for 2024. I was told this issue was going to be addressed in a future patch. Hopefully they release a new update soon. But by the look of how slow these patches are being released for Maya 2024 it might be awhile.

Message 10 of 14
siebejanssen

There was an update today (Maya 2024.2) that might fix the issue? There are updates on Quad Draw, havent tested it yet!

https://help.autodesk.com/view/MAYAUL/2024/ENU/?guid=MAYA_RELEASENOTES_2024_2_RELEASE_NOTES_HTML

Message 11 of 14
baez_isaac

Thanks for the heads up going to try today!

Message 12 of 14
siebejanssen

The issue is fixed in Maya 2024.2 

Message 13 of 14
Leemurray3d

What a load of rubbish we, pay for subscriptions to have the software work. How is this acceptable. We pay full price and don't have functions work properly but we pay full price. From a company which i assume is worth Hundreds of millions.. Really not good enough! 

Message 14 of 14
siebejanssen
in reply to: Leemurray3d

It’s already been fixed in 2024.2 update.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report