Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2023 saving files very slowly

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
emanshiuU6AQ3
154 Views, 4 Replies

Maya 2023 saving files very slowly

Hi all,

I've reinstalled maya 2023.3 lately and noticed that the files saves are much slower than usual. Files that normally take a second or two are  taking upwards of 15 seconds. While this may sound trivial , I find that it breaks my flow. Has anyone noticed this? Any thoughts? Running on PC and maya 2023.3. Thank you.

E

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
brentmc
in reply to: emanshiuU6AQ3

Hi,

That sounds like it could be the Windows fault tolerant heap. Here is an article explaining how to disable this. (for 3ds Max but it applies to any application which started running slowly on Windows)

https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/4528347128593--Fault-Tolerant-Heap-errors-and-solutions-...

Brent McPherson
Principle Engineer
Message 3 of 5
emanshiuU6AQ3
in reply to: brentmc

I can try but honestly it's only Maya that seems to have this issue, no other app has it and it's only at the time of saving the file. So I'm not sure but I can try. Thanks.

Message 4 of 5
emanshiuU6AQ3
in reply to: brentmc

Just installed Maya 2022 and file saves are instant, so I not FTH. It's Maya.

Message 5 of 5
brentmc
in reply to: emanshiuU6AQ3

Windows will apply the FTH to individual applications it thinks may be crashing because of compatibility issues.

So it does not slow down all applications on the machine. (and can also explain why 2023 is slow and 2022 is not)

The only way to tell is to disable FTH and see if that resolves the issue.
Brent McPherson
Principle Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report