Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2023 Installation on Ubuntu 23.10

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
GSC210991
101 Views, 0 Replies

Maya 2023 Installation on Ubuntu 23.10

Hello good people,

I am following autodesk’s instructions (https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/tsarticles/ts/77DVRQ8wFRltRxWlSY4HVt.html) on installing Maya 2023 on Ubuntu. However, two of the packages required have no releases for my version.

libXp6:

The PPA for libXp6 is not actively being maintained. When adding the PPA, it even said: "

libxp6 has been removed from the archive because it is obsolete.

https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=657253

If you still need it, this PPA contains the latest version available in Debian built for recent Ubuntu versions.

If you own any license for any commercial software that depends on libxp, please contact your license provider. Tell them that the installation of
their software on your system depends on one random person on the internet (that's me!) effectively without any sort of audit or control.

I feel if you are paying for a software you should not need to rely on me to install it.

Email me <email address hidden> if you want me to publish binaries for any long term support version."

libffi6:

Translated from German: "The following signatures could not be verified because their public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 3B4FE6ACC0B21F32" and I cannot install the package.

I tried to go on without them and I encountered no other errors, until I tried to start Maya:

"/usr/autodesk/maya2023/bin/maya.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libtiff.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

I sincerely ask for your help.

Labels (2)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report