Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2023 being super laggy and super slow when opening scene

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
fioi2
247 Views, 0 Replies

Maya 2023 being super laggy and super slow when opening scene

Hi, 

I'm currently a university student using MAYA 2023 for university. Right now, I'm using Maya to submit an assignment that consists a few animated mechanical models (mine were windmills), and to make them look as realistic as possible and make them blend into the sequenced scene. I've travelled for winter break back home, and I've opened my scene via VPN to access my university files (as they're saved in cloud), and the scene is painfully slow, to the point where it barely even functions and will barely even open in some instances. 

I'm not sure if this is because I'm accessing my files through VPN, or its due to a MAYA issue, or even a laptop issue. I'd like to mention that my laptop is powerful enough to open Maya and handle animated scenes, so it shouldn't be a hardware issue. The specs are:

Ryzen 7 5800h, 16GB DDR4 RAM, RTX 3080 with 16GB VRAM, and a 1TB SSD (Lenovo Legion 7 2021).

I've attached the file of the scene below. I hope I can get some help in resolving this issue. 

Thanks,

Farouk Imam

Labels (3)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums