Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2020 Wacom Right Mouse Button is not working

48 REPLIES 48
Message 1 of 49
mayanim8
10722 Views, 48 Replies

Maya 2020 Wacom Right Mouse Button is not working

Hello,

I am on a PC

Windows 10

Nvidia Quadro M2200/PCIe/SSE2

Maya 2020.1

For some reason Maya 2020 will not recognize the Right Mouse Button on my Wacom Tablet Pen Intuos Pro.

All I get is a circle with the mouse arrow Icon.

I can get the Functions to work as a Right Click, however as soon as I bring the pen onto the tablet it does not work.

I have tested this with a different Intuos tablet and get the same results.

This appears to be an issue with Maya 2020

The functionality is fine on Maya 2018 and Mudox 2020.

This is a clean install with default prefs.

Wacom tablet is up to date driver.

I tried to copy the Maya 2018 prefs, hoping that there is some setting, however this did not work.

If anyone could help I'd greatly appreciate it.

Best

48 REPLIES 48
Message 2 of 49

@mayanim8 

Thanks for your post! Can you attach a screenshot of your Wacom tablet settings?

Faline Custodio Da Silva

Message 3 of 49

Hello,

Thank you for responding.

I am including screen grabs of the Wacom Tablet Properties.

In the image you can see the Maya Specific and the All Other are identical.

I have also had the All Other Different, but it ends up with the same result.

Message 4 of 49

@mayanim8 

Thanks for that info! Since it worked in 2018 but not in 2020 I'm going to work with my team to test this out. I'll report the results in this thread.

Faline Custodio Da Silva

Message 5 of 49

@mayanim8 

We tested the right click with the Wacom PTH-450 and it works in Maya 2020 update 1.

Can you try resetting your pen settings to default and test if the right button works at all? It could be a problem with the pen button itself.

Faline Custodio Da Silva

Message 6 of 49

Hello

I uninstalled and reinstalled Maya 2020.1

I rebooted after the uninstall as well I ensured that there was no Birfrost or any Maya 2020 when I uninstalled.

I now only have default Wacom Settings with Middle mouse and Right Mouse and Maya 2020.1

Maya 2020.1 is still not working

Maya 2018 it is working

Mudbox 2020 it is working

My Wacom driver is 6.3.39-1

My system is i7-6820hq 2.7GHX

16GB

64bit

Windows 10

Message 7 of 49
mayanim8
in reply to: mayanim8

Just to Add.

I have tested this with two tablets two pens

tablet is a PTH 851/K

tablet is a PTH 451/K

I do not get RMB functionality on either

Message 8 of 49
jordan.giboney

Hi @mayanim8 

Thanks for being a part of our forum community! I have a PTH-450 but havent been able to replicate this issue. Are you on Mac or Windows? What specific OS are you working with? (windows 10, Mojave, etc.)

Do you have any other peripheral devices plugged in that may be conflicting? Such as a second monitor, 3d or gaming mouse, etc?

Thanks again! I look forward to your reply. 

Jordan Giboney
Technical Solutions Engineer | Media & Entertainment
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

Message 9 of 49
mayanim8
in reply to: jordan.giboney

I unplugged everything, and ran Maya only on my laptop and I have the same results.
No RMB.
One thing I find is that Maya 2020 open and close is very slow compared to 2018 and 2019.

Maya 2020 is running Default Preferences

The system specs:
i7-6820hq 2.7GHX
16GB
64bit
Windows 10 - Professional v1909

Wacom driver is 6.3.39-1
I have tested this with two tablets two pens
tablet is a PTH 851/K
tablet is a PTH 451/K

Note: I have just downloaded and installed 2019.3.1 and the I get the RMB functionality.

Also, it opens faster than Maya 2020.1

Unfortunately, I cannot test if Maya 2020 original release in order to see if the same issue exists.

Why is 2019, 2018 working but not 2020.1?

Message 10 of 49
jordan.giboney

Hi @mayanim8 

Thanks for the reply! Its a long shot, but how about your GPU Driver? If you run a DxDiag report the Display tab will show the driver date on the right hand side. 

Are you using a 4K monitor? or multiple monitors?

Thanks again for your patience with this!

Jordan Giboney
Technical Solutions Engineer | Media & Entertainment
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

Message 11 of 49
mayanim8
in reply to: jordan.giboney

Hello,

I'm not sure if you want the information from the dxdiag, I can send you the text file.

The date in DXGiag is 4/6/2020

You asked if I am running any other monitors.

I do not have a 4K monitor

I unplugged everything, and ran Maya only on my laptop with no IO and I have the same results; No RMB.

I updated Nvidia driver nothing changed

I changed to different versions of the Wacom Driver, still nothing works.

It makes no sense that the tablet works fine in previous versions of Maya.

Message 12 of 49
mayanim8

There appears to be an issue with the Wacom Driver and Maya 2020.

Working with someone from ITS at work, they found a solution.

It appears that Windows Settings need to be turned on in two locations:

Settings -> Pen & Windows Ink -> Let me use my pen as a mouse in some desktop apps

Control Panel - Pen and Touch -> Pen buttons -> Use the pen button as a right-click equivalent

The pen starts to work, but not the same way as when the Mouse; there is an odd lag. 

When I hold the RMB to get the Component mode, I need to move the pen slightly and eventually the menu appears.

The lag appears to be longer in newer wacom drivers.

As well, I experienced a very odd effect.  If I installed an earlier Wacom Driver, Maya 2020 would see the RMB and behave as expected.   However this was only temporary.  Once I rebooted the computer again, the functionality became slow and laggy.  If the two settings (listed above) were off, Maya 2020 would not recognize RMB clicking on the tablet pen.

Message 13 of 49
jencruz93

I am having the same issue. This last thing you said about windows setting is helping to activate it but it is very laggy. Maya 2019, I would just right click and the menus would appear. Right now I have to hold the right click and start moving the pen down,up,left,right, which ever for the menus to start appearing.

I really hope that Maya takes this serious and fixes it as I and many others primarily work with a pen and speed is vital!

Message 14 of 49
kamild

Hi,

Try disabling Windows Ink. I remember running into similar issue few months ago, and that helped.

I am not in front of computer right now, so can't tell exact setting, but can check later if you still encounter problems.

Best,

Message 15 of 49
knight9_1221

Hello

My wacom is a PTZ-631w, and i had the same trouble with the mouse right button. The solution: Go to properties of wacom window / Projection Tab /and unmark the "Use windows  ink"  and... "Voala"

I hope that  can help!Windows ink wacom.png

Message 16 of 49
amaterasu-qbb

@mayanim8 wrote:

Hello,

I am on a PC

Windows 10

Maya 2020.1

For some reason Maya 2020 will not recognize the Right Mouse Button on my Wacom Tablet Pen Intuos Pro.

All I get is a circle with the mouse arrow Icon.

I can get the Functions to work as a Right Click, however as soon as I bring the pen onto the tablet it does not work.

I have tested this with a different Intuos tablet and get the same results.

This appears to be an issue with Maya 2020

I have the same issue.

My pc is Windows 10, Nvidia Quadro p2000, Maya 2018, 2019

the tablet is Wacom Intuos pro s size(PTH-451)

It doesn't cause any problems when I first startup, but after about an hour of work, the right click suddenly stops working.

My solution is to reboot your PC or try Wacom's Desktop center support feature.

Sometimes it goes away and sometimes it didn't work.

キャプチャ15.PNG

Message 17 of 49

I don't know if this applies to all tablet users as I'm using a different tablet, but in my case, whether I turn Windows Ink on or off doesn't cause any problems when I'm just starting up Maya, but after a period of time (or to be more precise, when I'm using the marking-menu or working on it), it doesn't work.

I'd like to test this under various conditions...

Message 18 of 49

Try to install an old version of the driver, I read that it has worked for some people. (obviously turning off the windows ink option described above too).

Message 19 of 49

It happened with the previous version of the driver too.
I haven't tried downgrading Driver. I will try it this weekend. If I have any problems I will post here.

(As I was writing it, I remembered that this happened rarely in other software too.)

Message 20 of 49
Zissouey
in reply to: amaterasu-qbb

Hi there guys!

had the same problem... updated the driver and firmware of the wacom intous M and now it works fine. It was apparetnly the wacoms fault!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report