Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2020 "File > SEND TO MAX" not visible (Max2020 is opened)

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
BenediZ
1872 Views, 8 Replies

Maya 2020 "File > SEND TO MAX" not visible (Max2020 is opened)

Hello,

I can't see in the File menu "Send to Max" anymore in Maya 2020.

And when I send from Max2020 ro aya, it opens Maya2019.2

How to fix this?

For both Max and Maya are each 2019 and 2020 installed (and needed).

2.)

And when I do it with Maya2019.2 (where I can find that command "Send to 3dsMax") it opens Max2019 with nothing in it, just an empty scene.

Even pressing the "Update" button keeps the Max-scene empty.

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
brentmc
in reply to: BenediZ

Hi,

Go into Windows > Settings/Preferences > Plug-in Manager and make sure the OneClick plugin is set to loaded/auto-load and then restart Maya.

--

Brent

Brent McPherson
Principle Engineer
Message 3 of 9
DarrenP

for 3ds max try this: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/3ds-max-forum/3ds-max-2020-quot-send-to-quot-fix/td-p/9210785

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 9
akcharly
in reply to: brentmc

Hi, I checked this plugin, turned on/off it and this didn't help =(

I use 3ds Max 2021 and Maya 2020. Can I send files between these versions? 

I can send from 3ds Max 2021 to Maya 2020. But from Maya 2020 to 3ds Max 2021 still not...

Thank you and have a great day
Best regards,
Andrew.

Screenshot_54.jpg

EESignature

Відповідь корисна? Клікніть на "ВПОДОБАЙКУ" повідомленню! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!

На ваше запитання відповіли? Натисніть кнопку 'ПРИЙНЯТИ РІШЕННЯ' | Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Андрiй Кривуля | Andrew Krivulya | 3D Grooming Artist - Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | LinkedIN | Youtube | Artstation

Message 5 of 9
akcharly

So, these steps helped me 😃

1. I opened this file Max2021.23.0.64.syncfg from C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Synergy

2. Edited it like this:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<SynHubConfig SchemaVersion="1.0">
<Application Name="3ds Max" StringVersion="3ds Max 2020" NumericVersion="2020" ExecutablePath="C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2021\3dsmax.exe" Architecture="x86_64" />
</SynHubConfig>
3. Now I have this menu 😃
maya_to_3dsmax.jpg

Hope this will help.

EESignature

Відповідь корисна? Клікніть на "ВПОДОБАЙКУ" повідомленню! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!

На ваше запитання відповіли? Натисніть кнопку 'ПРИЙНЯТИ РІШЕННЯ' | Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Андрiй Кривуля | Andrew Krivulya | 3D Grooming Artist - Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | LinkedIN | Youtube | Artstation

Message 6 of 9
BenediZ

Great, but did it work and send the scene to Maya 2020?

Message 7 of 9
akcharly

Yes, I tried to send from 3ds Max 2021 to Maya 2020. And from Maya to 2020 to 3ds Max 2021. Everything working with this fix in the file 😃

EESignature

Message 8 of 9
akcharly

Video test - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWSZSk2EbKI

EESignature

Message 9 of 9
BenediZ

Amazing & shocking... If that simply works, you are either much smarter or much more dedicated than the Autodesk developers.

(ps. I have posted this issue with Max2021 long time ago without getting reaction)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report