Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2020 "File > SEND TO MAX" not visible (Max2020 is opened)

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
BenediZ
2054 Views, 8 Replies

Maya 2020 "File > SEND TO MAX" not visible (Max2020 is opened)

Hello,

I can't see in the File menu "Send to Max" anymore in Maya 2020.

And when I send from Max2020 ro aya, it opens Maya2019.2

How to fix this?

For both Max and Maya are each 2019 and 2020 installed (and needed).

2.)

And when I do it with Maya2019.2 (where I can find that command "Send to 3dsMax") it opens Max2019 with nothing in it, just an empty scene.

Even pressing the "Update" button keeps the Max-scene empty.

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
brentmc
in reply to: BenediZ

Hi,

Go into Windows > Settings/Preferences > Plug-in Manager and make sure the OneClick plugin is set to loaded/auto-load and then restart Maya.

--

Brent

Brent McPherson
Principle Engineer
Message 3 of 9
DarrenP

for 3ds max try this: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/3ds-max-forum/3ds-max-2020-quot-send-to-quot-fix/td-p/9210785

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 4 of 9
akcharly
in reply to: brentmc

Hi, I checked this plugin, turned on/off it and this didn't help =(

I use 3ds Max 2021 and Maya 2020. Can I send files between these versions? 

I can send from 3ds Max 2021 to Maya 2020. But from Maya 2020 to 3ds Max 2021 still not...

Thank you and have a great day
Best regards,
Andrew.

Screenshot_54.jpg

EESignature

Відповідь корисна? Клікніть на "ВПОДОБАЙКУ" повідомленню! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!

На ваше запитання відповіли? Натисніть кнопку 'ПРИЙНЯТИ РІШЕННЯ' | Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Андрiй Кривуля | Andrew Krivulya | 3D Grooming Artist - Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | LinkedIN | Youtube | Artstation

Message 5 of 9
akcharly

So, these steps helped me 😃

1. I opened this file Max2021.23.0.64.syncfg from C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Synergy

2. Edited it like this:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<SynHubConfig SchemaVersion="1.0">
<Application Name="3ds Max" StringVersion="3ds Max 2020" NumericVersion="2020" ExecutablePath="C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2021\3dsmax.exe" Architecture="x86_64" />
</SynHubConfig>
3. Now I have this menu 😃
maya_to_3dsmax.jpg

Hope this will help.

EESignature

Відповідь корисна? Клікніть на "ВПОДОБАЙКУ" повідомленню! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!

На ваше запитання відповіли? Натисніть кнопку 'ПРИЙНЯТИ РІШЕННЯ' | Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Андрiй Кривуля | Andrew Krivulya | 3D Grooming Artist - Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | LinkedIN | Youtube | Artstation

Message 6 of 9
BenediZ

Great, but did it work and send the scene to Maya 2020?

Message 7 of 9
akcharly

Yes, I tried to send from 3ds Max 2021 to Maya 2020. And from Maya to 2020 to 3ds Max 2021. Everything working with this fix in the file 😃

EESignature

Message 8 of 9
akcharly

Video test - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWSZSk2EbKI

EESignature

Message 9 of 9
BenediZ

Amazing & shocking... If that simply works, you are either much smarter or much more dedicated than the Autodesk developers.

(ps. I have posted this issue with Max2021 long time ago without getting reaction)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report