Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2020 Preferences not saving

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
James_Viscira
876 Views, 2 Replies

Maya 2020 Preferences not saving

I'm trying to change my "Color Management" preferences to utilize an ACES color profile.  But every time I restart my preferences get reset to default.  The one caveat is that it the preferences do seem to be saved in a scene file that I was working on.  Is there any reason why these preferences aren't being saved as default in Maya and only being saved on the scene level?

UPDATE:

I noticed that this file was being saved in the prefs directory:

ed9513fa9f3b1dd13194989bb3215694.xml

It contains this text:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rules version="1.0">
	<default colorSpace="Utility - sRGB - Texture"/>
	<opaque />
</rules>

Seems like it's not being saved properly and is being dumped into this xml file.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
acur97
in reply to: James_Viscira

I found a solution so that the color selection can always remain as the ACES one, I was also going through that problem,

what you should do is go to the bottom of "Color Management", and click on "Export CM Pref", you save it in the directory that appears, with the name you want, and maya will always start with the preferences that you chose from ACES.

Captura de pantalla 2020-12-29 030638.jpg

Message 3 of 3

This doesnt fix it for me. Enable Color Management checkbox will just be disabled again on restart.
2018 works without problems...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report