Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2020 is crashing during startup on Mac (M1 Chip) Big Sur

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
baris.cavusoglu
431 Views, 4 Replies

Maya 2020 is crashing during startup on Mac (M1 Chip) Big Sur

Hello, Maya used to open but all of a sudden it stopped opening. I tried deleting it and reinstalling it and it opened one or two times and again started crashing during startup. I tried downloading 2019 version and still no help. 

Below I am attaching a screenshot of the crash report.

I would appreciate any support.WhatsApp Image 2021-06-02 at 10.49.57.jpeg

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hello I still can't fix this issue. Could it be related to Mac or the version? 

Message 3 of 5
syracoj
in reply to: baris.cavusoglu

did you try and delete/rename your preferences?

shutdown Maya

go to: /Users/yourUsername/Library/Preferences/Autodesk/maya/

and rename the 2019 or 2020 folder that is there to 2019bak and/or 2020bak

Restart Maya and create new default user preferences.

You can go to that location through the finder by holding down the Opt key while clicking on the Finder menu : 'Go' menu and open the 'Library' location.

Also, in the System Preferences make sure Maya is listed in the Accessibility and Full Disk Access section of the Security & Privacy > Privacy section.

Message 4 of 5
syracoj
in reply to: baris.cavusoglu

Another thing that would be useful is if you started Maya from the OSX Terminal and returned to us any stack trace that gets returned at the time of crash. To do this:

1. press cmd + spacebar then type: Terminal

2. In the terminal type the following: /Applications/Autodesk/maya2020/Maya.app/Contents/MacOS/Maya

3. Maya should startup and when it crashes return the Terminal data to us (including the Stack Trace)

thanks.

Message 5 of 5
warnold1
in reply to: syracoj

It's the Qt assertion message that would be good to know what its not finding.

possibly a conflict with libraries, or python modules that Maya also uses. (ie a local PySide2 install that may be found before Maya's version)

also check for Environment Variables that you may have set that could be pointing to other versions.

Can also create a new user, without customization, and see if launching Maya from that user account has the same issue.

Wayne Arnold

Developer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report