Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2020 freezing almost all the time

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
albert.akessonGGLGA
455 Views, 2 Replies

Maya 2020 freezing almost all the time

Hey,
please, I know there's other post like this one — and I checked them out. But none of them seem to be like this one. At startup Maya may take like a second or two until it all freezes. Then, after maybe fifteen minutes I can navigate for some short time. Then it freezes again. It tend to freeze even faster when clicking on menus or tabs, like the Attribute and Channel Editor. Some times it freezes for an half of an hour or more.

I made all sorts of measures — these are all the basic:

∙  reinstalled and cleaned all the documents on my computer four times
∙  restarted my computer even more times
  got the update to Maya 2020.4
  updated the graphic drivers (GeForce RTX 3090)

Then I tried some other tips on Autodesk forum. Like installing the Autodesk Malware plug-in. But to manage this I had to delete one script in the Maya Script user folder. I did that, and it didn't stop. Sort of hard to activate a plug-in when freezing all the time. Don't seem to be the problem.
Check link

It's nothing wrong with the license. Maya 2022 works fine, but I really need the 2020 version for compatibility reason with others in my work pipe-line.
Check link

I checked the list of other errors. But there's nothing wrong with the drivers, corrupted preferences, or what-ever.
Check link

Really can't figure this one out.
Please help!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

That sounds like a drastical move but have you tried to replace your graphicscard. Just for a test.

I had similar issues with my 2080 Ti. I tried an older 1060 and all was fine. I sended the 2080 back to my retailer and got an other one that worked.

----------------------------------------------------------------
https://linktr.ee/cg_oglu
Message 3 of 3

Hi,
thanks for answering!

Suppose I could try switch the graphic card, although...
Maya 2022 is still working fine. I just need Maya 2020 for specific compatibility with my work assignment.
Right now I'm just waiting for IT support. Nothing else to do but to scan the internet for solutions.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report