Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2020 and 2022: Meshes in viewport not displaying correctly

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
thomas.e.irvine
244 Views, 0 Replies

Maya 2020 and 2022: Meshes in viewport not displaying correctly

Screenshot 2022-01-23 080131.png

Hi there

I'm a relatively experienced Maya user when it comes to modelling, but after purchasing an Indie subscription recently I'm having trouble with something really simple in both Maya 2022 and 2020. Everything displays fine in perspective view, but I'm having trouble with some of the orthographic views. In this screenshot you can see that the smaller mesh displays fine in all views, but the larger one doesn't appear at all in the top view and appears with a dark shader in the front view. The move tool is also completely lost in the top view .

This is essentially a fresh new scene with only two objects in it. History has been deleted. I have turned the grid plane off to make things clearer.

Another issue, which has been around for as long as I can remember is the way the circle at centre of the move (or scale and rotate) tool gets distorted into some kind of rotated oval shape when snapping is enabled. I'm not sure if this is a feature or a bug?

Thanks,

Tom

Edit: Here is the same problem repeated in another fresh scene, this time with a grey background to make it easier to see. All I've done is create two polygonal cubes and the second one appears black in two of the orthogonal viewports. I'm fairly certain it is a problem with the scaling and the way I have the cameras set up (I've been following an ArtStation tutorial on environment production for Unreal Engine) because when I move the second cube further away from the orthoganal cameras it displays correctly. I have tried adjusting the near and far clip plane to no effect.

Edit 2: I've worked out my main issue! I just had to move the orthoganal cameras back by about 10000 cm and everything displays correctly. I would still love to find out why the circle in the centre of the move tool (displayed when snapping is turned out) seems to rotate in the orthoganal views depending on the position of the orthaganal camera. I'm not sure if anyone will see this though, so I'll probably start another thread later.

Screenshot 2022-01-23 164910.png

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report