Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2020 and 2018 both freezing on startup.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
508 Views, 1 Reply

Maya 2020 and 2018 both freezing on startup.

Maya 2018 was working perfectly fine, I hadn't used it for a few months and upon launching it today it was immediately freezing on startup. I updated the installation, and also installed 2020 but strangely I'm having the same issue. I've tried a few steps already:

- Uninstalled every Autodesk installation I could find and started from scratch, with both 2018 and 2020

- I've updated to the latest studio driver from Nvidia for my RTX 2070 MaxQ

- Uninstalled Arnold & Bifrost 

- Reset the preferences for both versions. 

I can only assume there was a windows update which might be conflicting? Or perhaps a settings file buried away which is being referenced, but is attached to an older installation/version/license? 

At the moment 2020 is sitting frozen on my desktop, the Output Window doesn't seem to have anything noteworthy in it. The last line on the bottom right is "Bifrost: Loading library; simulation, from: Autodesk". However the program is completely unresponsive and requires closing via task manager. 

If there's a way to upload a log, please let me know so I can try and get to the bottom of this. I've got a project due urgently, so it would be great to get this going. 

Thank you. 

EDIT: I tried to launch 2018 again, and it freezes on the following line in the command line:

Maya1.JPG

Labels (3)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
patrick.schock
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous,

thanks for your post! Please try the following steps:

1. Open the Task Manager.
  2. Go to the Services Tab.
  3. Search for the Service AdskLicensingService:

3ds Max Restart the Adsk Licensing Service.jpg

1. Right mouse click the service and chose restart.

In some cases, the AdskLicensing Service hangs after a Windows update. Restarting the process solves the issues in the most cases. Looking forward to your reply, if you had success!

Best regards,

Patrick

“https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/logos/autodesk-logo-primary-rgb-black-small_forum.png”

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report