Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2019 //Error: Line 0: Could Not Save File

17 REPLIES 17
SOLVED
Message 1 of 18
Anonymous
24411 Views, 17 Replies

Maya 2019 //Error: Line 0: Could Not Save File

Hello, I just recently got into tinkering around with Maya, and am having an issue getting my project to save. I've spent several hours working on it, and would REALLY like it if I could save it for some security. Whenever I hit the save button, an error pops up:

//Error: Line 0: Could not save file "C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2019/bin/(Name of my Project).mb" //

Has anyone else had this issue too? How do I get the software to save my project?

I have the Student edition of Maya, if that makes any difference. 

Thanks for the help!!

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
mspeer
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi!

You are trying to save the project inside the install folder, this will not work without admin rights and is not advised.

Please check your project settings (File -> Project -> ...)

and correct your settings or simply create a new project inside your user folder.

You can also try a reset of your preferences if you think they are corrupted.
Rename the folder prefs in folder 2019 to something like prefs_backup, or to reset everything, the folder 2019 to 2019_backup (or even the maya folder to maya_backup). Maya creates new folders (don't copy preferences from previous Maya versions). Detailed at:
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Reset-May...

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
in reply to: mspeer

it didnt help

Message 4 of 18
DarkLeafeon

Try saving to a different drive to see if the error persists. This just happened to me, and then I discovered my hard drive was full!

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous

Hi, have you found the solution? I encountered this problem a couple of times. It really irritates me.

Message 6 of 18
boznauk

I am having the exact same issue, nothing helps. My disk certainly isn't full and no matter where I try to save it, it can't. Same error message.

Message 7 of 18
Figster1962
in reply to: boznauk

I just ran into this problem, had a panic attack. I changed the name of the file and it did save.

Message 8 of 18
syntaxcg
in reply to: Figster1962

yep, it's was exactly this for me

Message 9 of 18
trailofscales

I'm just writing this for anyone else in the future who comes to this page seeking answers, despite this already being marked as successfully answered. I have been dealing with this for days. None of the other suggestions here on this page have worked, but finally, I found only ONE way to save the file, and it's to export as a binary file instead of saving as a .mb . For whatever reason, out of ALL the things I tried, exporting was the only way to save my days of progress. I have my dad to thank for that brilliant idea, even if it's not the ideal solution. Hope this helps save someone else in the future who has no options left.

Message 10 of 18
lynn_zhang
in reply to: trailofscales

Hi @trailofscales , thank you so much for sharing your solution!

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Message 11 of 18
angalsport

The real reason behind this - something is wrong with your scene. It might be:

1) Naming of objects.

2) Objects with no materials on them (green shader is used).

Non of advices from the above helped me so I just checked every object in the scene, changed some names and found a few objects with no materials. This did help.

Message 12 of 18

thank you

Message 13 of 18
s7veniverse

Hi all, 

I hope you can help me with the same problem. Only on Maya 2020 and changing the file name is not helping.

I just get the message everytime. Is my file corrupted? and if yes how and how do I fix it?

Please help me if you can, 

Thank you 

Tags (1)
Message 14 of 18
s7veniverse

Hi all, 

I hope you can help me with the same problem. Only on Maya 2020 and changing the file name is not helping.

I just get the message everytime. Is my file corrupted? and if yes how and how do I fix it?

Please help me if you can, 

Thank you 

Tags (1)
Message 15 of 18
angalsport
in reply to: s7veniverse

Hi. I exported everything from corrupted scene to a clean one. Was the only
option.
Message 16 of 18
lakshayb568
in reply to: mspeer

Thank you so much 

Message 17 of 18
trailofscales
in reply to: lakshayb568

You are very welcome!

Message 18 of 18
nithinpeths

Guys check if you have run out of storage space on your drive. I cleared some files and it saves perefectly! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report