Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2018 Unable to right click render layer to create collection

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1612 Views, 6 Replies

Maya 2018 Unable to right click render layer to create collection

When attempting to create collections within my render layers I am unable to right click to access the menu.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
sean.heasley
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

Hmm this is unusual.

Do you have a render layer selected when you go to do this? If you dont have a render layer selected you wont see anything when you right click.

If you do have a layer selected and still aren't seeing anything when you right click you may want to try deleting your settings/preferences and then trying again.

Let me know if anything changes!

If one or more of these posts helped answer your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Kudos are greatly appreciated. Everyone likes a thumbs up!

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: sean.heasley

Yes, the layer is selected.

Here's the script...

Traceback (most recent call last):
#   File "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2018\Python\lib\site-packages\maya\app\renderSetup\views\renderSetupWindow.py", line 746, in showContextMenu
#     self._createTemplateMenu(self.contextMenu, self._getCorrespondingItem(selectedIndexes[0]))
#   File "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2018\Python\lib\site-packages\maya\app\renderSetup\views\renderSetupWindow.py", line 949, in _createTemplateMenu
#     if userPrefs.getUserTemplateDirectory():
#   File "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2018\Python\lib\site-packages\maya\app\renderSetup\model\renderSetupPreferences.py", line 72, in getUserTemplateDirectory
#     return _getUserDirectory(kOptionVarUserTemplateDirectory, 'RSTemplates')
#   File "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2018\Python\lib\site-packages\maya\app\renderSetup\model\renderSetupPreferences.py", line 59, in _getUserDirectory
#     copy_tree(fromDirectory, userDir)
#   File "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2018\bin\python27.zip\distutils\dir_util.py", line 139, in copy_tree
#   File "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2018\bin\python27.zip\distutils\dir_util.py", line 76, in mkpath
# distutils.errors.DistutilsFileError: could not create 'C:\Users\Sam': Access is denied

Message 4 of 7
sean.heasley

Hi @Anonymous

Did a reset of your prefs not help?

Also, can you create an empty scene and make a few layers to see if this still happens?

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Hmm, looks like deleting the prefs fixed this problem. Interesting. 

Thanks for the help,

Sam

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

I delete preferences, installed the newest Maya 2018 update and I still have the same problem. I also tried switching to legacy render layers and then back again to the new, buggy render layers, which I have to use. Same thing, very frustrating. Any idea how this could be fixed?

Thank you,

Vuk

Message 7 of 7
cynthiazjavier.hrdi

It worked once deleting the preferences, my collection worked,  but after my Maya crashed, same problem again. Pls help asap. Thanks.😣

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report