Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2018 Mac Middle mouse button not panning

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
graeme.daly.gti
3938 Views, 6 Replies

Maya 2018 Mac Middle mouse button not panning

I am on a MacBook pro and using Maya 2018 and I am having a very annoying issue. Whenever I use the middle mouse button and alt to pan the camera around instead it switches to rotating the camera and sometimes zooming in and out. 

Hi @graeme.daly.gti your title 'Middle mouse button pan/rotate camera issue' was edited for clarity by @sean.heasley

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi @graeme.daly.gti

What kind of mouse are you using?

Have you tried this with a different mouse or the touch pad?

If the issue still occurs, you may want to try checking your mouse drivers and/or deleting your settings/preferences for Maya.

Let me know if anything changes!

Message 3 of 7
sean.heasley
in reply to: sean.heasley

Hi @graeme.daly.gti

Just wanted to check in to see how things were going. Are you still having this issue?

If your issue is resolved, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Message 4 of 7

Hi Sean,

I just went ahead and bought a new mouse and its working fine now :).

Message 5 of 7
SPBetances
in reply to: sean.heasley

Hi Sean,

I am having the same issue. I'm using a Logitech MX Master 2S. Downloaded the Logitech Options app and configured my mouse but I can't get the middle button pan to work. What else can I do? Thanks in advance.

Message 6 of 7

Thank you working on touchpad,,

Message 7 of 7

I am just getting started with MAYA. I have purchased Middle, an app that allows for a middle click on a mac trackpad. MAYA isn't recognising it though and is not responding in the way I am expecting - sending a message to the finder view rather than MAYA. Any ideas?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums