Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2018 broken Viewports

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
859 Views, 4 Replies

Maya 2018 broken Viewports

Hello,

I struggled a lot to install Maya 2018 (see related topic : "Maya 2018 fatal error, attempting to save in error"), and I finally achieved it by downgrading the NVidia Drivers to the 382.33 which is recommended by the Autodesk support.

Since this morning, I can't use Maya anymore, the content of the Viewports is kind of broken...

2018-06-19_150059.jpg

What I tried without success :

- Repair Maya intallation

- Uninstall/Reinstall Maya

- Update to the latest NVidia drivers (Maya won't start at all, like previously)

- Clean drivers and install 382.33 back

- Set Viewport 2.0 rendering mode to DirectX 11

- Clean user prefs.

Any further ideas ? Some say to keep the drivers up to date but my graphic card (GTX 1060m) is not on Maya's compatibility list and Maya will only start with the 382.33 update...

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Which version of 2018 are you currently using? If it is the 2018 downloaded from the Education Site, it will be the base 2018 which was a bit unstable. I recommend updating to either 2018.2 or 2018.3. These are available in your Autodesk Account:

https://manage.autodesk.com/

I’m on 2018.2 with NVIDIA driver 397.64 and everything is stable.

Cheers,
Mike
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Right, it is the educational version, my license is an educational one.

I'm currently downloading the 2018.3. W&S.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

No improvement in the 2018.3...

Same Viewport problems with the 382.33 drivers, and Maya is still frozen with the latest version (398.11)...

BTW, downgrading the driver version isn't an acceptable fix in my case : some other softs/games require to stay up to date.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Workaround : for those who face the same issue, I selected "Integrated Graphics" as default GPU for Maya, and it seems to solve the problem...

2018-06-20_141900.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report