Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2017 Update 4 startup freeze

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
sb.kroon
483 Views, 9 Replies

Maya 2017 Update 4 startup freeze

Whenever I start Maya it freezes and stays that way and I can't seem to fix this for the life of me. I tried reinstalls, repairing the install, using an old version of Maya, whatever. I also reinstalled all my c++ Redistributables, which helped once, but then it died again.

I'm using maya 2017 update 4. specs:

Graphics: GTX 970m

CPU: i7-6700HQ

RAM: 16GB DDR3

Stacktrace (would paste this in the thread but it takes up a lot of space. Can paste it here if you don't trust the link, but it is just pastebin):

https://pastebin.com/DGjQ9z74

I know the 970M isn't on the list of supported hardware but it's worked perfectly before. it seems strange that, unless intentionally done, it would suddenly just not work. Really hoping I can get this to work again. I also tried using old Maya versions, like 2016. This gave me no stacktrace in the output window but the program still froze in much the same way Maya 2017 did.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
sean.heasley
in reply to: sb.kroon

Hi @sb.kroon and welcome to the community!

Thanks for posting all of this information as well as the stacktrace!

It looks like Maya is pointing to some dll files and there was a similar situation in this thread!

The solution from that thread is to move the igdrclneo64.dll file to another location like your desktop for example. You also may want to make a copy of the file just in case anything goes wrong you can put the file back.

Please let me know if this helps or if you need any more assistance!

If one or more of these posts helped answer your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Kudos are greatly appreciated. Everyone likes a thumbs up!

Message 3 of 10
sean.heasley
in reply to: sean.heasley

Hi @sb.kroon

I'm just checking in again to see if you need more help with this. Did the suggestion I provided yesterday work for you?

If so, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Message 4 of 10
sb.kroon

He Sean, sorry for the slow reply. I read through the topic you linked, but the folder named there (C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\igdlh64.inf_amd64_250db833a1cd577e) doesn't exist on my computer. I found three folders with similar names, which look like different version of the one mentioned.  I found the folders igdlh64.inf_amd64_f27ce7b6c0bfa641, igdlh64.inf_amd64_15f8bcad9cbd9e3e and igdlh64.inf_amd64_0745f11ce6fc197c. the file you mentioned (igdrclneo64.dll)wasn't in any of these folders though. I did find igdrcl64.dll and igdrcl32.dll, which seemed very similar. I tried moving and deleting these, but system wouldn't allow it, even when I gave it explicit permission.

It was also mentioned that a clean install might help, but this also achieved nothing, sadly. 

Message 5 of 10
sean.heasley

Hi @sb.kroon

You never want to delete system files like this. Simply moving them is ok but deleting them could harm your machine.

You should be able to move them as long as you are the administrator on your PC. If you aren't you'll need to contact the admin and have them help you move the files before trying to launch Maya again.

Message 6 of 10
sb.kroon

sorry, I did back them up before I deleted them. And no matter what I try I can't seem to either move or delete any of the files mentioned. I closed all programs save for explorer so that no programs could have been possibly using the file currently, but it still would not let me move/delete the items.

Message 7 of 10
sean.heasley

Hi @sb.kroon

Are you the administrator on the machine?

What are the errors saying, does it give you any administrator warnings when trying to move them?

Message 8 of 10
sb.kroon

I am the system admin. Whenever I try to move/delete the file I get a message saying that I need permission from SYSTEM to alter it. I tried changing ownership of the file but this was also not allowed.

Thanks for sticking with me by the way, this must be as annoying for you as it is for me.
Message 9 of 10
sean.heasley

Hi @sb.kroon

It's only frustrating cause we can't try this properly to see if it works Smiley Tongue

You could try going to the folder you want (where the dll is stored), highlight it, go to properties and select security, go to edit, then add and enter the name everyone. From there you can give "everyone" the permissions desired which should hopefully allow you to edit/move those files.

Message 10 of 10
sean.heasley

Hi @sb.kroon

Just wanted to check in to see how things were going. Are you still having this issue?

If your issue is resolved, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report