Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2017 "Updates" and "Service Packs"

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
zmarcos
9633 Views, 3 Replies

Maya 2017 "Updates" and "Service Packs"

Why do I not see any entries under Maya 2017 "Downloads" for Updates or Service Packs? A quick google search shows Update 1 and Update 2 exist.

Also, are these only available via user portal and no longer public downloads??

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
LawDude158
in reply to: zmarcos

You need to use the Autodesk Desktop App to download updates.

Message 3 of 4
rimcrazy
in reply to: zmarcos

Well if you are on windows, yes you need to use the Autodesk Desktop App to download updates but that does bubkus for you if you are on a Mac.  You need to be on subscription and log into your subscription account.  I use both Mac and Windows.  The desktop app for Windows works fine but I have to log in to my account do get the updates for OSX.  Not sure why they cannot do the same for OSX like they do for windows but I'm sure there is some technical reason.  Anyway, this is how you need to do things for the foreseeable future.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit
Lenovo P72
64Gb Ram
Nvidia P4000
Message 4 of 4
zmarcos
in reply to: rimcrazy

Fantastic ... I manage labs of adesk software so this makes it difficult to see what service packs and updates are available as I do not have access to my company's Autodesk portal.

2015 editions used to have all SPs/Updates posted on the public down Download page. It took me a bit to notice some were and weren't for 2016 products.

Thanks Autodesk!!!!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report