Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2017 MASH memory leak

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
arcon76
1181 Views, 7 Replies

Maya 2017 MASH memory leak

Working with a relatively small 5MB mash file (Maya 2017 U3), I've found quite a severe memory leak that eats through 16GB ram in under an hour.

This is just from working with the scene and scrubbing in the timeline, not adding anything new to the scene. There are no textures or materials in the scene, just working with a few repro networks with a few thousand points each, about 5 or 6 nodes in each network, so nothing too heavy.

Devs please let me know if you want the scene & I will send via PM.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
sean.heasley
in reply to: arcon76

Hey @arcon76 feel free to PM me your scene file and I'll take a look at what this issue is 🙂

Message 3 of 8
arcon76
in reply to: sean.heasley

Sorry for delay, I can't send an attachment by PM it seems... attached to this message. Scrubbing in the timeline can eat a GB in under a minute. Can't work with MASH in this state.

Have tried flushing ram script and lowering undo que, no effect.

Message 4 of 8
mspeer

Hi!

I can confirm this.

Just play the timeline in a loop and RAM goes up without a limit.

Message 5 of 8
mspeer
in reply to: mspeer

Hi!

I tested this with a fresh scene a cube and one single MASH Network.

All nodes i tested (except Random) showed this behavior with Maya 2017 update 4.

You just need a very high Number of Points settings like 5000 or more, then add a node, hit play.

Please report this problem (bug?) to Autodesk.
Help -> Speak Back -> Report a Problem

Message 6 of 8
arcon76

Thanks for verifying, reported just now. Hmmm I wonder if 2018 will have this 😕
Message 7 of 8
arcon76

Who accepted this as a solution? This is not solved - if you accept solution Autodesk will ignore this problem.

Message 8 of 8
mspeer

Hi!

It does not matter if a problem is posted here in a user forum, it's important that this is send to Autodesk as a bug report and logged there, which is the case here. It also does not make sense to keep this thread alive as only a bugfix will help in this case. So don't worry, it has not been ignored.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report