Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2017 Failed To Install on Mac OS 10.10.5

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
RaeCapri
969 Views, 7 Replies

Maya 2017 Failed To Install on Mac OS 10.10.5

My Mac meets the requirements to install this software onto my HD and yet it still fails to install.

I honestly don't know what is the cause of it. I've browsed the forum and most of the solutions were for Win computers.

What about us Mac users? Oh, please don't ask me to provide the installation log file without informing me where exactly do I find this type of information, as I don't know where to look.

I would truly appreciate any and all solutions that would rid me of this hassle of trying to install the software directly from Autodesk.

By the way, I also tried installing from Virtual Agent and that gave same error messages.

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: RaeCapri

I have the same problem. Have you solved it?

Message 3 of 8
zombiejump2012
in reply to: Anonymous

Yeah same thing here, I tried turn off fair wall, reinstall, but still the same.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: zombiejump2012

I also have the same problem trying to install Mudbox 2017 on Mac OS 10.12.3

Message 5 of 8
RaeCapri
in reply to: Anonymous

Unfortunately, I haven't solved my issue. Autodesk customer service doesn't really exist. The community completely skipped over my question (posted Dec. 2016). I just gave up, to be honest.

Not certain if anyone has been able to fix this issue, but if someone out there ever does, please let us all know.

Message 6 of 8
zombiejump2012
in reply to: RaeCapri

Have you tried just open Maya and register right away? it works to me, just ignore the failed installation.
Message 7 of 8
todd
in reply to: zombiejump2012

This is what I did. Logging in as the license option caused Maya to crash so I used the serial number option and it worked perfectly. Thanks!

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: todd

I am experiencing the same issue.  Installation concludes with failure message, application is installed and can launch.  When launching and attempting to sign in with online account credentials it crashes.  I do not have a serial number, how did you attain that to license?  Attempting to license via serial seems to work, but my account does not show this information.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report