Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2017 Exception code 0xC0000005 Tried to read or write to a virtual adress

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Martin_Brattensborg
3550 Views, 9 Replies

Maya 2017 Exception code 0xC0000005 Tried to read or write to a virtual adress

Hello!

For the past three weeks while working on a project we have been experiencing a heap of crashes in the latest version of Maya 2017. The popup message we get from Maya itself just says something along the lines of "Fatal error, tried to save in C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\filedumpname". Looking at the crash log (added below) a little more descriptive (but not really, at least to me since crash log is like Greek to me, no offence to the Greek). It said:

Exception code 0xC0000005

Exception information The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have appropriate access for.

We seem to get this error no matter what we are doing wether it be simple poly modeling, transform keyframing, working in MASH, working with lights or render settings, while rendering. I havent looked at all the crash dumps sice there are probably near a hundred or more at this point. Some times the project files get sp bad they crash upon opening and the only solution we found was to ref in (importing would probably work too) the project file into a new scene.

We are working in a computer lab towards an SMB server from workstations logged in with AD users. Dont know if that is info worth having when trying to troubbleshoot this?

We have tried running maya with administrative privileges, tried updating the graphics drivers, tried updating maya itself and so far nothing has helped.

Is there anyone out there thats fluent in crashlog and could help me decode this one or has encountered this problem before and managed to solve it?

Thank you for your time!

Martin

Hi @Martin_Brattensborg your title 'Exception code 0xC0000005 Tried to read or write to a virtual adress' was edited for clarity by @sean.heasley

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Hi @Martin_Brattensborg

This can be a tough issue to debug for sure because a wide variety of things can cause this issue and it actually happens across different programs not just Maya.

One major step, is to check and make sure your Windows is up to date. Being behind on a Windows update is a pretty common cause for this issue.

Another possibility is to make sure you antivirus/firewall isn't blocking Maya.

If those two steps don't work, you could also try rolling back your graphics driver a few updates and see if that clears the issue.

Let me know if these help or we can troubleshoot some more!

If one or more of these posts helped answer your question, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Kudos are greatly appreciated. Everyone likes a thumbs up!

Message 3 of 10

Hello!

Thanks for the reply, I'll have a look at these tomorrow and get back to you!

Martin

Message 4 of 10

Hi @Martin_Brattensborg

I'm just checking in again to see if you need more help with this. Did you get a chance to try the steps that I posted above?

If you're still having the issue after those steps let me know and I'll be happy to troubleshoot some more with you!

If your issue is resolved, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Message 5 of 10

Hello, I've tried some of the steps that you mentioned and so far it's looking ok, but I'd like too just give it a few days too see if it's just behaving nice cause it knows I'm on to it or if these steps have fixed the issue. I'll be sure to update this thread over the next few days either accepting your response as the solution or continue bothering you for more tips on how to fix it xD

Martin
Message 6 of 10

You aren't bothering me at all don't worry 😛

But ok sounds good! If anything comes up or if the error comes back don't hesitate to post here again!

I'll keep this thread on my radar as well and poke you around Monday to make sure everything's going well Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 10
sean.heasley
in reply to: sean.heasley

Hi @Martin_Brattensborg

I'm hoping you had a nice weekend of Maya functioning nicely and not giving you any more issue Smiley Tongue

Has the issue appeared again at all since your last post or is everything working correctly? Please let me know when you get a chance!

If your issue is resolved, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Message 8 of 10

Hi, Sean!

We haven't tried to deploy the full solution in our lab yet but we are working on it, just making sure there are no large bugs with other software on our machines and the latest windows updates etc. Hopefully, we'll be able to test it within the week.

I'll update this post when we get that rolling and have it tested!

Thanks for the help 🙂

Message 9 of 10

Hi @Martin_Brattensborg

Just checking in to see how you and your team are doing with the steps I provided :). Have you had a chance to see if the steps resolve your issue at all?

If so, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Message 10 of 10
sean.heasley
in reply to: sean.heasley

Hi @Martin_Brattensborg

Sorry for the delayed check in! Have you had a chance to see if the steps I provided resolved your issue?

If so, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report