Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2017 crashes when opening dialog windows from Hotbox (OS native dialog)

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
391 Views, 1 Reply

Maya 2017 crashes when opening dialog windows from Hotbox (OS native dialog)

(If this is posted on the wrong forum board please move it)

Maya 2017, Update 3 (latest as of April 25th 2017)

Whenever I (or my colleagues at Starbreeze Studios) try to open a dialog window (Open, Save as, Import, Export etc) from the hotbox Maya crashes instantly (fatal error).

We have dialog boxes set to OS native (Win10) and we're not using Dell machines to my knowledge (Dell screens but otherwise custom setups).

My personal workstation uses an Intel i7 6700K, 16GB of RAM and an Nvidia GTX1060 6GB.

The actions that causes the crash work fine if accessed from the regular menu panel or if a hotkey combination is used (Ctrl+O works without problems).

This may sound like a small problem "Just use the menu panel instead", but I've gotten used to using the hotbox for EVERYTHING over the last 5 years of using Maya so I constantly try to access the dialog windows from the hotbox by mistake and crash my scene. I don't think I'm alone in having this problem.

We would appreciate a fix for this bug ASAP as it seriously inhibits our workflow.

Best regards,
Dag Lindwall, Starbreeze Studios.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
sean.heasley
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the community!

This is a known issue that has been fixed with Update 4! The update should only take a little while to install for you and your colleagues.

Let me know if you need anything else!

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue, or reply with additional details if the problem persists.

Kudos are greatly appreciated. Everyone likes a thumbs up!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report