Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2016 very slow opening panels

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
967 Views, 3 Replies

Maya 2016 very slow opening panels

Hi,

Im having a strange issue on several machines at work (all machines have exactly the same configuration, I will write it below).

Its taking too long to open Hypershade, and other panels for example. Sometimes it freezes for some seconds while openning top menus.

But the biggest problem, I guess, is with the panels related with materials.

For example, when I try to open Hypershade, it takes almost a minute (on an empty project: no materials, no textures, no extra nodes.. nothing else except default material - lambert, particlecloud, shaderglow )

Other panel that takes too long to open is the one for assing new material directly from viewport ( right mouse button -> assign new material)

Our first touhgt was that some plugin could be causing that, but even with everything turned off, it is still slow (considering our experience with other machines)

We have vray installed and licensed over network, I tryied disabling it, and it changes just for a few seconds. I also tried local license, and got the same time.

We also tried to change the videoboard driver.. with no success.

Here is the configuration of our machines:

- Intel Xeon CPU E5-2680 v3 2.5GHz (2 processors)

- 128 GB Ram

- Windows 7 SP1(Enterpriese)

- 500GB SSD  Samsung

- NVIDIA Quadro K6000

- Maya 2016 SP6

- Vray 3.10.01

Its very hard to work with these lags..

I would be glad if someone could point a solution here.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Which video driver are you using?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

Hi Travis,

Right now Im using the 347.52, but I have already tried the 361.91. The one that was specified for NVIDIA Quadro and windows 7 64 bit. ( although it it was recommended for the M2000 and M6000).

Do you recommend another one?

Thanks

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: Anonymous

Try a clean install of the latest WHQL certified driver here:

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/102689/en-us

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report