Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2016 cursor problems

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2559 Views, 5 Replies

Maya 2016 cursor problems

Hi,

I am new to Maya from Softimage ... ouch. 

Anyway ... I am having an issue where the cursor will turn into a WAIT hourglass cursor even though I can still click on menus and objects. It is stuck in the wait state.

Has anyone else experienced this ? Another artist here has the same exact problem. 

Thanks !

M

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
rflannery
in reply to: Anonymous

Sometimes this can happen if you run a script that uses Maya's built-in progress bar.  If the script errors out and the progress bar never sets endProgress to True, then the cursor will keep spinning, and the progress bar will be stalled on the status bar.

Do you see a progress bar in the status bar of the main window?  (If not, I guess this is not the problem.)

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: rflannery

as a matter of fact I do see a progress bar on the bottom left status bar. I am using Yeti/Arnold and after a render is when it seems to happen. The bar stays at 100% and cursor is an hourglass (or waiting circle).

Is there a workaround ?

prblem.JPG

Thanks

M

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

It seems Arnold is not closed after the render is done.
Does everything turn to normal, when you close the render view ?
If you're on windows open the task manager, I don't know if Arnold has a seperate process running, but if it does, you should see it in the task manager and in that case you could end the process manually.

Message 5 of 6
rflannery

I'm not familiar with Arnold or Yeti.  One thing you could try is to open the Script Sditor and see if there are any errors.  If there are, you may be able to figure out what the problem is and fix it.  For example, if it says file "C:/MyStuff/myfile.blah" is not writable, maybe you could ensure that file is writable or write to a different file.  Then when you do the render again, it should complete successfully, and the wait cursor should go away.

Message 6 of 6
agnisen07

Hi, probably a process was started but could not complete properly. The best way to solve this is to close the opened Maya window and then delete the Maya preferences folder. 

Deleting Maya preferences

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report