Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2015 keeps crashing whenever I click "compression..."

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
MikeMBD
608 Views, 2 Replies

Maya 2015 keeps crashing whenever I click "compression..."

Everytime I click on the "compression..." button in the render settings, Maya crashes with a fatal error message. I've attached a video of it occuring and just to clarify: it happens on any file; I can save files properly and render images just fine; I've reinstalled Maya, updated my graphics card driver, and I've even updated my Logitech Webcam Driver per the Error Report's recommendation. I would be very grateful for some help with this problem.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
saihtam
in reply to: MikeMBD

This is just a helpful way of Maya telling you that you're not doing what you should be. Just kidding. Though you really shouldn't render a sequence straight to AVI. The best method is to render out as an image sequence and then export that sequence to a video file. This gives you much better results in terms of quailty and control. If Maya crashes while you're rendering an AVI, pretty much everything is lost. Render an image sequence and you'll still have all the images up until Maya crashed! Magic!

As for this specific problem, perhaps Maya can't find the codec it wants to use or something. Sending in that error report or trying to find the log file and share here could perhaps give us a clue. Have you tried removing your refs folder? Perhaps you've set the codec to something that doesn't exists on your system anymore and Maya freaks. Or perhaps the good ol' reinstall Maya as well.

- Mathias
Message 3 of 3
J450NP13
in reply to: saihtam

^^^ I concur

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report