Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2015 and Maya 2017 crashing blue screen

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
it27MY5
1318 Views, 14 Replies

Maya 2015 and Maya 2017 crashing blue screen

Hi We purchase new systems of i7 7820x with Gigabyte X299 UD4 /Pro chipset motherboard.

Maya2015 and maya2017 crashing 4-5 times per day, System temperature is around 40C.

we have 8 machines with the same configuration maya is crasing in all the systems but its not crashing in old systems of HP 640 and i7 7700k.

is somebody facing same issue with similar type of hardware.

Thanks,

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
sean.heasley
in reply to: it27MY5

Hi @it27MY5 and welcome to the community!

Does this crash occur on a simple/empty scene or only on specific scenes you're working on?

Does anything notable happen when Maya crashes?

Let me know if anything changes!

Message 3 of 15
it27MY5
in reply to: sean.heasley

Crash happens every 2-3 hours when artist is working on any files there is no specific file.

Message 4 of 15
sean.heasley

Hi @it27MY5

Are the files really heavy or complex at all?

When you get a chance, can you please zip and attach the scene file here or via dropbox/google drive or another file sharing program so I can take a look at it?

Let me know if anything changes!

Message 5 of 15
mspeer

Hi!

If you get a blue screen that's for sure a problem with hardware or driver.

If you get this multiple times a day you should sort this out.

What can cause this.

1. Overheating (for any device)

2. Bios

3. GPU

4. Hard Disk/Raid Controller

5. Mainboard Chipset

6. RAM

7. other...

Message 6 of 15
sean.heasley
in reply to: mspeer

Hi @it27MY5

@mspeer made a good point that I somehow forgot to mention Smiley Tongue

Blue screen crashes are most likely are hardware issue, not an issue on Mayas end.

Have you had a chance to check your hardware for any issues?

Message 7 of 15
sean.heasley

Hi @it27MY5

Just wanted to check in to see how things were going. Have you had a chance to check your machines hardware to see if thats causing the blue screen?

Message 8 of 15
elina340194

Hi

I am currently facing a similar issue with maya 2019.

It started from yesterday, and happened today too. Every time I'm working with maya, after about 1 hour of working it causes bsod (blue screen of death) and then restarts the pc.

The file is not very complex it's a simple 5mb file and today I did a hardware and software scan on my pc but it said everything's just fine.

so... Does anyone have any ideas what's happening to my pc? cuz it's working just fine right now and the blue screen only happens when I'm working with maya.

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: elina340194

did you read the list of causes of blue screens posted above?

if you don’t know where to begin then take your computer to a local repair shop & have them sort it out or capture the blue screen error message & look up the error on google & this will tell what the problem is

Message 10 of 15

Hi

MIne is the 30 day free trial of the 2020 version, it crashes and causes a blue scene in its 20 day of free trial, never did this at the beginning of the trial plus the software every time it opens it load a outbox window with a lot of scripts and i have no idea if it's normal or not, it's my 1st time using Maya, and it doesn't let you open or load links like the tutorials links from. The help menu inside the software, and it happened today with empty scenes without doing any thing, could be please advice a solution? I attached both the bluescreens i got and the output window @sean.heasley 

Message 11 of 15

Hi

MIne is the 30 day free trial of the 2020 version, it crashes and causes a blue scene in its 20 day of free trial, never did this at the beginning of the trial plus the software every time it opens it load a outbox window with a lot of scripts and i have no idea if it's normal or not, it's my 1st time using Maya, and it doesn't let you open or load links like the tutorials links from. The help menu inside the software, and it happened today with empty scenes without doing any thing, could be please advice a solution? I attached both the bluescreens i got and the output window @sean.heasley 

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: nadafathisayed

did you look up the blue screen error message?

Message 13 of 15
nadafathisayed
in reply to: Anonymous

I didn't as it's usually a general message when you search for, a lot of things that could go wrong and you need to tick the box for some not the other 

Message 14 of 15
gargu062

Hello there Myself Umang..

I am getting Blue Screen of Death everytime I try to open Maya (any version) 

Error (Stop Code : kmode exception not handled) 

I tried everything possible and my PC wont run Maya.. I really have to use Maya and Idk what to do.. can you please help me out!! 

Message 15 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: gargu062

read the entire thread again

this was explained on what can cause blue screens its not a Maya issue

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums