Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

make an object elastic and connect it

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
732 Views, 6 Replies

make an object elastic and connect it

Hey guys,

first, sorry for my rusty English. Unfortunately I cannot solve that problem with my actually knowledge and hope so, one of us can help me:

I have two polygon spheres: a big sphere ("the body") on the bottom and a smaller sphere with some distance above the big sphere. A cylinder is vertical placed between the two spheres (similar to a dumbbell). The cylinder should be strong enough to "carry" the smaller sphere, but it also should be bended / dangled, when the upper or under sphere gets moved. Have you an idea to realize that?

Lots of thanks in advance, Juliane     

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You could use a rig set to make it elastic. In wich languages are you ease? 

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Athias Delano make a really good tuts about this subject on pluralsight. I'm on hollydays to then end of the week if you don't find solution I will take time to explain you how to do. 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Thank you very much for your quickly answer and your really nice offer to help me. I‘ve to admit, that I‘m not a big expert in rigging too, but I also thought about this method. I would like ask you to explain me, what I have to do, because at the moment (as beginner) it‘s difficult for me to find the best solution for this problem. I thougt about soft bodies and nclothes, too. Best wishes and some nice free days yet!

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

P.s. German is my language 

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

I think I can't solve your issue but I can put you in the way to resolve it and give you some tips to succes. 

Message 7 of 7
mspeer

Hi!

@Anonymous 

At first, there is a German forum as well

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/media-entertainment-deutsch/bd-p/3556

but of course you will reach more people here at the international forums.

If you need/want a simulation i recommend to try nCloth.

It's simple to create and there are a lot of helpful nContraints.

However a hand animated rig or deformer is more predictable, but needs more manual animation.

(Du kannst aber auch gerne auf Deutsch nachfragen, falls dies für dich hilfreich ist.)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report