Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

license question - returning user

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
alexgrenlie
298 Views, 2 Replies

license question - returning user

ok so i have been using Maya in some form for over 12 years. When i was student i was using 2012, then i upgraded to 2017 and graduated in 2018. my license just ran out today, 2021, and i still use the program for game art, misc design but nothing for profit or sale. i love maya and cannot imagine switching to max, blender, etc.

• question 1: my question is i went to autodesk main website and it says a home license is not needed if there is only one user, like me. but i am not a student any longer so an student license would not be right. i don't see an option for other licenses??

• question 2: Also i assume i would need to upgrade as i see no mention of 2017 version so i'm thinking 2020? I don't know what the latest version is to be honest.

• question 3: Lastly do i really need to pay 1300 USD for the program? I thought the last time i bought a single user license is was like 300 USD.

thank you for reading and i hope for response. thank you

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mspeer
in reply to: alexgrenlie

Hi!

In short,

if you no longer are eligible for an education license you need a commercial license.

Check for Maya Indie, which seems to be the right solution in your case.

https://makeanything.autodesk.com/maya-indie

BTW, the current Maya version is Maya 2020, but this may change in near future.

Message 3 of 3
alexgrenlie
in reply to: mspeer

that looks about right.

thank you for speedy response

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report