Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joints not visible in viewport with fbx imported

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
filip.stec
13278 Views, 7 Replies

Joints not visible in viewport with fbx imported

Hello, I have the following problem.
I imported fbx file - rigged creature to my maya 2017 and I can't see joints in viewport. They are in the scene, when I open outliner I can even select them and i see manipulator in viewport. I rotate and it affects model so there is nothing wrong with the skeleton, it is just hidden in some misterious way for me. I checked display preferences and everything seem to be right. When I create my own joint in this scene it is visible so I think this skeleton is "locked" somehow. 
I have no idea what's wrong. 
Thanks for help in advance 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
T0M0X
in reply to: filip.stec

Click on that small button and you will see them through model.

xrayjoints.png

And check the Draw Style if it's set to Bone in Attribute Editor for selected joint.

Message 3 of 8
mspeer

Hi!

Please upload a scene-file.

Message 4 of 8
filip.stec
in reply to: mspeer

I upload scene in attachment.
X-ray joints doesn't help. They aren't visible at all, so through the model also.

Message 5 of 8
T0M0X

Yup as I said, select joint and switch the Draw Style to Bone in Attribute Editor. Currently you have set it to None.

Message 6 of 8
filip.stec
in reply to: T0M0X

Sorry I read quickly and didn't see your second sentence. Yup, it works now. Thanks a lot for your response 

Message 7 of 8
chouk.pinak72

Hi, I am facing the same issue, I tried this solution but still no luck. Are there any other ways to fix it?
Message 8 of 8
arshkumarmishra

Can we switch the draw style of whole bone hierarchy at once, or can you guys please share any script to change the draw style of every bone at once, it will be of great help.

Thanks
Arsh

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report