Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issuses with XGen

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
suskazuzanna
1379 Views, 8 Replies

Issuses with XGen

Hey, I was making a hair in xgen. I saved a scene by clicking ctrl+s and saving my project in the folder. After grooming for a while my computer has stopped working, but I saved few seconds earlier my scene. Than I opened my scene as usually. Now I have all my descriptions from xGen in my outliner but they are invisible in both preview and render. I tried to "Import Collection or Description" menu from the XGen window, but it's not working and my collection path leads to nowhere and I can load nothing. 

I know that I can edit path in the xGen window but it refers only to the new collections/descriptions, and I don't know how to edit a path from my already existing but not opening collections.

Anyone help? 

001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg004.jpg005.jpg

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
sean.heasley
in reply to: suskazuzanna

Hi @suskazuzanna

I've seen some issues like this before but usually reimporting the collections solves it.

By chance are you on a network or did you move the files at any point?

Also just to clarify, can you not see the files in your standard file explorer or only when in Maya?

Message 3 of 9
sean.heasley
in reply to: sean.heasley

Hi @suskazuzanna

Just wanted to check in to see how things were going. Are you still having this issue?

If your issue is resolved, please click Accept as Solution on the posts that helped you so others in the community can find them easily.

Message 4 of 9
suskazuzanna

Yes, I still have a problem with this particular xgen collection. I will try to make it again and see what happens after closing the program.

Message 5 of 9
sean.heasley

Hi @suskazuzanna

Thanks for that update!

Has there been any change since you remade the collection?

Message 6 of 9
suskazuzanna

Yes, everything works fine now. Re-setting project, making another collection, and editing paths made xgen work properly.

Message 7 of 9
niovi.phino

Hi 

I'd recommend when working with XGen to always increment saving (as oppose to CTL+s) - there's times like this when the scene gets corrupted while saving, so even if you saved earlier and it was fine if you were overriding the scene it will still corrupt it. 

Message 8 of 9

how did you edited the paths to make it work? Im having the same problem 

Message 9 of 9
llstar

hi,

i wonder that you means editing re-setting project's path to original folder path and using re-setting project instead of original xgen collection?

i have a same issue now.. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums