Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

interactive groom density map probs

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
thomaslisle1309
250 Views, 2 Replies

interactive groom density map probs

interactive groom Hi I have a character that is Uved and I want to paint a density map or import a map. If I import the map then it doesn't put it in the right place - if I try and paint a map it does paint on the surface I get nothing   I dont want to use a separate skull mesh as i want to deform the head later and want to avoid having multiple laters to deform   - does the density map info from the mesh vertex colour - and not from a UV layout ?   any ideas 

thanks in advance 

Thomas 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hello @thomaslisle1309,

thanks for your post. Maybe the approach with Region Maps can solve the issues? Here is a video: Maya XGen Interactive Groom Tutorial - Region maps.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Patrick

“https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/logos/autodesk-logo-primary-rgb-black-small_forum.png”
Message 3 of 3

Hi Patrick

Many thanks for your contribution to make hair with linear wire

You first have to sculpt the hair – and as I don’t want to use a reduced mesh skull cap I also have to generate a density map

So once I have sculpted the hair and click to add a liner wire it generated wire guides all over the mesh, which I then have to delete with the density brush and re add and re sculpt to something similar to the guides that are styling the hair – which just seems like doing the processs twice. Unless of course I am doing something wrong or there is a clever way of just using the same guides to style the hair

Also does it matter if the linear wire is on a layer above or below the styling guides

I cant see how making region maps would help – I have already seen the video it seems that region maps are great for partings

I just wanted to get a quick workflow for making hair dynamic

All the best thomas

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report