Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image plane not showing in looking through camera display mode when it is inactive

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
notbyted
8811 Views, 11 Replies

Image plane not showing in looking through camera display mode when it is inactive

When I'm trying to set an image to be visible only in top view at first it shows but when I select another window or just an object it disappears

Maya 2022

Labels (2)
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
mspeer
in reply to: notbyted

Hi!

This is a bug in Maya 2022.

Please report this bug to Autodesk.
In Maya main menu:
Help -> Speak Back -> Report a Problem

Message 3 of 12
252kientran
in reply to: mspeer

hello, has this issue got fix ?

Message 4 of 12
mspeer
in reply to: 252kientran

Hi!

Maya 2022 is still the latest version.

Message 5 of 12
252kientran

thanks for the reply but it doesnt answer my question, I asked some people and they said they dont have any issue with the image plane so I thought it got fixed, but when I download maya 2022 on autodesk website the issue is still there.

Message 6 of 12
mspeer
in reply to: 252kientran

Hi!

There has been no new version released since the version that has the bug (Maya 2022), so how could it be fixed???

So the answer is: No!

Message 7 of 12
252kientran

I see, thank you

Message 8 of 12
sivarams026

i have the exact same problem, and yes its the new version that has this bug, but it happens only when you have 4 panel views. 
if you find a fix, notify thank you

Message 9 of 12
plami4120

Does this problem got some resolution? I have to make a student project and this bug is causing me obstacle. Also I wrote them Report too for the problem and hope soon there will be update!

Message 10 of 12
damaggio
in reply to: plami4120

Use poly planes until a fix is released.

Message 11 of 12
uca.shotgrid
in reply to: plami4120

Late reply so I'm not sure how helpful it is, but you can use a combination of image plane and "hide" image plane as a temporary work around. ie, set the image plane in the view you want, and in the ones where it's getting in the way, press ALT+4, or use the Show drop down in the viewport. Probably not too helpful if you're using multiple planes though!

Message 12 of 12
doom7787

had the same issue, solved with rename every file that had not english letters on the path to the image 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report