Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot ungroup my plane model, to animate the propellers: // Error: Can't ungroup leaf-level transforms

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
1781navi
249 Views, 3 Replies

I cannot ungroup my plane model, to animate the propellers: // Error: Can't ungroup leaf-level transforms

Hello, I do not know how, my plane has grouped itself. once the modeling is finished

thank you and kind regards,

1781navi

1781navi_0-1714042618473.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mcw0
in reply to: 1781navi

All the various meshes of the airplane has been combined, not grouped.  So ungrouping will not work.  You need to separate the model.  

Message 3 of 4
mcw0
in reply to: 1781navi

If all you want to do is to animate the propellers as separate objects.  Might I suggest making a duplicate of your entire plane.  Then delete everything but the propellers.  Then on your original airplane, delete the propellers.  Now you have 2 objects, one being the propellers that you can animate separate from the rest of the airplane.

PS.  The process of deletion is to select the faces that you don't need and delete those.  You can select one face and convert it to a shell to speed up the process.

Message 4 of 4
1781navi
in reply to: mcw0

I made it. First with detach faces and then using separate mesh

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report