Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Human IK Channel Box & Graph Editor problems

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
2817 Views, 2 Replies

Human IK Channel Box & Graph Editor problems

Hi, I've been using Maya's HumanIK function for my model for a game I'm building. I began doing some animation, but I'm running into multiple problems. I've noticed for a while now that moving the IK handles with values from the channel box is a complete waste of time. It is unresponsive to the Channel Box numbers and I have no idea why or how I can make it so it is. The only way to make the IKs move is to move or rotate them directly on the model with the basic manipulator tools.

Not only that, but did the animation, which for now is an idle breathing stance, between frames the animation moves on its own, beyond the scope of what I told it to move, even when its between two of the exact same frames. I haven't animated in a while, so I can't remember how I used to fix this, but since I know a bit more about animation now, I dabbled into my Graph Editor. Moving the curves have no effect on the animation either and I can't change the tangents nor use the smoothing handles.

I can't seem to find anything online suggesting how to fix this. The closest thing I found was something saying to change my Animation Settings in the Preferences to make the HIK curve default to Independent Euler-Angle curves, but that doesn't seem to work either.

Anyone have any clue how to solve this problem?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
BradClarkRiggingDojo
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes, you will want the preferences set to be Independent. Also you will want to make sure you are selecting and trying to edit the correct part of the rig. This has to do with the IK blend T and R. This blog post will help you understand it better as to why between the poses you are getting diffrent motion. http://motionbuildertraining.blogspot.com/2008/10/class-excerpt-understanding-reach.html
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I had the same problem with the rotations not reacting to channel box inputs for my forward kinematic (FK) controls.

I realised that it has to do with some other joints having IK Blends >0 in the HumanIK Controls.

You can identify those ones as having a green fill in the control rig picture in the HumanIK menu.

Turn those Blend values with the slider to zero, the joints should turn grey and you should be able to use the channel box for value input and see the feedback in the viewport. I only got that working by completely turning all blends to zero in the entire rig and just use FK.

ControlRig.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators