Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Maya with laptop trackpad?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
sharma89
8070 Views, 5 Replies

How to use Maya with laptop trackpad?

I have just installed maya on my Dell XPS laptop. And i cant seem to move around the viewport using the trackpad. The only thing i can do in the viewport is Dolly cos my trackpad scrolls when you one-finger-scroll on the right-side of the trackpad. I am sure there are settings that need setting, but after googling for two hours I am still struggling to get it to work as most replies on websites are aimed at macbook but I am on a pc laptop. 

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Steve_Curley
in reply to: sharma89

Maya 2015 System Requirements
Note the requirement for a 3 button mouse...

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 3 of 6
sharma89
in reply to: Steve_Curley

dont most PS trackpads can emulate middleclick with something like SHIFT+left_click? I havent used middle-click on mine much as didnt had the need to in the past but its a synaptic trackpad and will have such a shortcut for middle-mouse click.
Message 4 of 6
Steve_Curley

No idea - I can't get on with those trackpads at all. Always plug in a mouse if I'm forced to use a laptop for any reason 😉

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 5 of 6
Henrik_Cederblad

Sorry for resurrecting this 9 year-old post. I see it still says 3-button is specified in the requirements doc). I can't help but asking, though, is there really no way of getting a trackpad working for basic nav? The need is great for me. Especially in tight spots where I can't be bothered hooking up mice and things, eg. commuting.. (It works out of the box in Blender so surely there must be a way in Maya?)

Message 6 of 6

never came to my mind using a trackpad for anything but i the camera tools should work. pop out the window so it stays on screen or create shortcuts/shelf buttons:

_sebastian_f_1-1691136932223.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums