Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reset renderer settings? (Arnold)

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
zenlink0
12976 Views, 8 Replies

How to reset renderer settings? (Arnold)

I've been messing around with my Arnold render settings so much that I couldn't replicate my initial render. I tried deleting my prefs file but that doesn't work either.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
sean.heasley
in reply to: zenlink0

Hi @zenlink0

I'm not an arnold expert but I have two ideas.

One is you could unload the Arnold plug-in and reload it.

Two is to make a new scene and import everything from your current scene to it then try to render.

Let me know if anything changes!

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue, or reply with additional details if the problem persists.

Kudos are greatly appreciated. Everyone likes a thumbs up!

Message 3 of 9
Stephen.Blair

If you had an EXR rendered with the initial settings, you could check the metadata in the EXR header.

// Stephen Blair
// Arnold Renderer Support
Message 4 of 9
djonesuk

Have you tried opening Render Settings and clicking Presets, Load Preset, Default Settings?

Message 5 of 9
sean.heasley
in reply to: djonesuk

Hi @zenlink0 just checking in, are you still having this issue?

Sorry about that @djonesuk 😛

Message 6 of 9
djonesuk
in reply to: sean.heasley

Hi Sean, I wasn't the one with the issue.

Message 7 of 9
zenlink0
in reply to: sean.heasley

Sorry everyone, I changed the settings till I got another result that I liked and sticked with it. I don't want to mess with the setting anymore. Maybe someone else can post their result of resetting render that the others suggested?

Message 8 of 9

here and I would suggest each time you get a setting you like save it as a jason file so you can come back to it later 

in the same menu just save the preset

Screen Shot 2017-08-02 at 22.35.21.png

also please mark this post as solved if you are ok with this solution, give it to the person who suggested it first.  

Message 9 of 9

Hello all. I have an issue about the arnold render settings window. The tab Common is not shown correctly.. it shows only a disturbed 5% in the upper left corner in the render settings window.. I tried to reset the view by selecting the default preset option but it didnt work..

thanx for advices

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report