Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get out of Unfold Tool menu..

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1262 Views, 4 Replies

How to get out of Unfold Tool menu..

Hi all. noob Maya user here Smiley Embarassed

I accidentally clicked Unfold Tool on UV Toolkit and now I have no idea how to get out of this tool..

also, I want to move my object in the UV Editor but it seems like I can only move pivot point and not the object.

Everything was going well until I pressed Unfold Tool menu... 

help will be appreciated!

Untitled-1.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I figured out how to get out of the tool!!

but still unable to move around the object in the UV Editor.. only pivot point is moving Smiley Frustrated

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

nevermind..

I clicked unpin all and everything is normal

still have no idea how this happened.. but it's all good! 

Message 4 of 5
av_alexandrevenne

I wish this thread was answered. 

Whenever I edit UVs I always get stuck with the tools marquee. I can't go back to selecting faces of edges. (And UVs are not pinned). 

Eg : I double click a part of the mesh that's broken up. I click planar and finally I click the unfold tool to unfold the area around the edges where it's stretching. I use the brush to have more control, but then I can't use my shortcuts to get back to normal selection (aka just get out of  the unfold tool brush) but it does nothing when I click it again in the UV editor. Nor when I press the icons at the top right for selecting faces, etc. Still stuck with the brush. 

Please help ! 

Thanks 

Message 5 of 5
av_alexandrevenne

Found it.... After watching 3 tutorials (where no one said it) and accidently pressed the magic button !!! 

Press "Q" or the arrow in the left menu to go in selection mode. 

*eyeroll hehe 

Sometimes, when switching over to a different software, it's the simple things that really is a test of patience. Still, I don't know why the button for the tools are not an "on/off" toggle. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report