Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete Unknown Object types

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
meAYJFL
269 Views, 1 Reply

How to delete Unknown Object types

Hey all,

I am trying to get a sequence to render in a renderfarm, but it gives black frames ... locally it renders fine ( I have no references or anything, 1 texture in source images folder, teh rest is procedural)

But whenever I prep teh scene for export I get this warning:
file -save;
// Result: C:/Maya/Currentjob/scenes/test.mb //
# Warning: Unknown object type: bifrostContainer #
// Warning: Unknown object type: RedshiftIESLight //
// Warning: Unknown object type: PxrRectLight //

One is referring to a bifrost thing, the 2nd to redshift and the other to a Pixar light ... all of which I haven't done anything with in ages (and are not installed)  , yet somehow is baked into the .mb file ... 

How can I remove these references to plugins I have not activated ...nor in fact used for this particular project or scene file.

Is there a local file I can delete in Windows? ( Like a cache ) ... already deleted the preferences but that didn't do teh trick

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
damaggio
in reply to: meAYJFL

Extend the outliner Dag and delete the nodes and you can also do a File>Optimize scene size.

There's a lot of junk that can collect in the outliner Dag so make sure to check it from time to time .

Also you can open some of your most used files in a script editor to make sure there are no old plugins in the file otherwise in every import to a new scene it will carry over all those unused plugins.

To delete unused plugins from the scene just run this script.

string $unknownNodes[] = `ls -type "unknown"`;

for($node in $unknownNodes) {

print( "Deleting " + $node + "\n" );

lockNode -lock 0 $node;

delete $node;

}

string $plugin;

string $unknownPlugins[] = `unknownPlugin -query -list`;

for ($plugin in $unknownPlugins)

{

unknownPlugin -remove $plugin;

}

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report