Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to assign one texture instead of multiple textures to an object?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1166 Views, 2 Replies

How to assign one texture instead of multiple textures to an object?

I've an object who have different polysurfaces and they have multiple materials assigned to them, of same type, and with different textures. Now I want to put one material to my overall combined object that contains all these polysurfaces; so I can apply one texture to over all object/mesh. Can I put all of my Uvs of different materials in one Plane without resetting their Uvs again. So the output texture could be one 'png' file.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

combine all the meshes from mesh> combine and than select uv-automatic for unwrap. than take snapshot of your uvs, after that open that snapshot in photoshop, fill the shells with your own textures while checking correct places in maya after its done go assign new material and apply your image to material.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

No, I think this will be a huge mess. I don't want to set an automatic Uv for all my meshes because automatic Uv is not always the best unwraped Uv. The custom Uv you have set is better and I want to go with my custom Uv in one uv set. Still looking for better solution.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report