Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you restore an off-screen panel to main panel?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
rimcrazy
10294 Views, 3 Replies

How do you restore an off-screen panel to main panel?

I have an issue where I use my laptop at my desk with a second monitor but away from my office I just have my laptop. Often I take the outliner and pull it off and put it on my second display. If I happen to forget and shut down Maya with the outliner on the second display and then start Maya again with only one display the outliner window is now detatched and also unaccessable as Maya has put it in the space of the second video buffer. Is there a way to force un-attached panels to be attached so that I can see the outliner window again?
Win 10 Pro 64Bit
Lenovo P72
64Gb Ram
Nvidia P4000
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
lee.dunham
in reply to: rimcrazy

few different ways.

you could delete the windowPrefs in you documents/maya/prefs/ folder, which will remove all window prefs and return them to default, or just open it up and delete the line regarding "outlinerPanel1Window".

another less destructive way would be to use this

window -e -tlc 1 1 outlinerPanel1Window ;

which will move the outliner window to the top left corner.

you could use this as a toggle, saved to the shelf.

hope that helps.
Message 3 of 4
rimcrazy

Like the tcl command. I will remember that thanks. Would like to not wack my prefs if at all possible. I try to remember to put it back in place but Murphy says when you need it most you will forget. I'm actually kinda surprised that isn't a built in function.
Win 10 Pro 64Bit
Lenovo P72
64Gb Ram
Nvidia P4000
Message 4 of 4
antti_rautiola

Remotely working and all. On windows you can activate the window and then 

• win plus arrow up Maximize      or press arrow right to shuffle the window to the correct monitor

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report