Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I turn a circular shape into a square?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
bpeterandall
216 Views, 2 Replies

How do I turn a circular shape into a square?

I am trying to convert the bottom of my object (which is in a circular shape) into a square, does anyone know how to do this?

Ive attached my model and the reference.

EDIT: is there an automated tool that can do it? (similar to the loop tool in Blender)

bpeterandall_1-1674323189440.png

bpeterandall_2-1674323213789.png

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
damaggio
in reply to: bpeterandall

Flatten.jpgthere's no automated tool, just use the scale tool to flatten the 4 sides.

Message 3 of 3

Hi! @bpeterandall .

Maya's circle-to-square functionality was not in the default functionality. So does BonusTool.
But I thought about it the other way around. If there is no function to turn a circle into a square, use the function to turn a square into a circle.
There is something I want you to try.

1. First, create a pillar with Cube. Increase ScaleY and extrude the bottom surface into a square base.
  2. Add an edge in the middle of the edge with Multi-Cut. Circularize from the top surface and align the lower vertex with the upper Circularized vertex.
  3. It would be nice to erase half and set Scale X to -1 with Duplicate Special. By doing so, you only need 5 places to align the lower vertex with the upper Circularized vertex.

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums