Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having face selecting issue

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
4334 Views, 10 Replies

Having face selecting issue

I cant select the face that I want in Maya neither 2018, 2017

selecting edge and vertex works fine but with the face it's just don't work as I want

When I try to select the face with cursor the highlight points the wrong faces and selects wrong too

I've tried reset tool, reinstalled for several times and Its not the scenes problem it happens every scene. even with brand new created mesh on new scene.

I'm having this issue on surface pro 7

hope there's someone can help this out 😞

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
MatthewJBell
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm having the exact same problem on my new surface pro 7. When I want to select a face it highlights different faces on the object, other component types don't seem to be a problem. Also seems to relate lightly to how zoomed in I am in the scene. Very frustrating 😞 Have you managed to find any solutions? Thanks.

Message 3 of 11
MatthewJBell

I seemed to have solved this by going to preferences > display and switching to DirectX 11. Not sure what the difference is between that and OpenGL or if it will have any negative effects? But for now its working for me.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

WoW! I'm having the same exact issue with my surface pro 7, when I click on a face and hold shift to select multiple faces, it's not selecting or responding to the one I want? it selects the complete opposite face. Also, when I use my mouse to hover a face, it highlights a different face instead. by the way for some odd reason, it's not appearing when I take a screenshot with the mouse however, the mouse is hovering the top face rectangle if your wondering.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: MatthewJBell

I had the exact same problem and this fix worked.

Thanks!

Message 6 of 11
MatthewJBell

Did you try the fix that I mentioned in the comment above?

Message 7 of 11
MatthewJBell

Glad I could help, cheers!

Message 8 of 11
gogo0133

love you
Message 9 of 11
n1099101

Where are the preferences?

Message 10 of 11

Thank you very much! It works!

Message 11 of 11

This worked for me. Thank you! 🙂 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report